Show your SpyderBites

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MichaelScott

Show your SpyderBites

Post by MichaelScott »

Chaparral FRN
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Sharp Guy

Re: Show your SpyderBites

Post by Sharp Guy »

Looks like you've earned the award....

I've actually only had one (knock on wood) and it's well healed by now.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Gratefully accepted 🤪

That was actually from a tap, not a slice. So by my definition that blade is sharp!
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

Team Innovation
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

My worst bite actually was a "benchmade-bite", done by my literally only Non-Spyderco-folder, a Minigrip that openend unnoticed in my pocket..
Other than that, maybe some minor bites from closing Enduras to fast and a finger was in the way.

No pics of any of those though, so nothing to show (and I am not willing to cause a bite deliberately right now just for making a pic and having something to share... :D )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Joey

Post by Joey »

Ouch, I dislike cuts! This one was caused by a Gerber mini para frame I used to have before I threw away. I wasn’t being smart, and was trying to use it as a pry tool, when I made the mistake of putting pressure in the blades closing direction. Somehow I managed to release the lock at the same time, and bam. Ever since switching to quality folders (and admittedly being a whole lot more careful with them) I haven’t had the issue.
Attachments
3A5703F8-C5C9-4253-A2FC-09866D54FA67.jpeg
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

several of them... :o

playing with a recently acquired Spyderhawk

sharpening the Pacific Salt

slip with the Tasman

Wartstein wrote: My worst bite actually was a "benchmade-bite", done by my literally only Non-Spyderco-folder, a Minigrip that openend

got one of those BM bites too :p

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

ThePeacent wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:23 am
Wartstein wrote: My worst bite actually was a "benchmade-bite", done by my literally only Non-Spyderco-folder, a Minigrip that openend

got one of those BM bites too :p

Reason being, that the knife openend unnoticed in the pocket like in my case?! I like the BM axxislock, no doubt, but when I adjust the action to my liking it's prone to open in the pocket and so not the safest in carry. Just one of the reasons why backlocks still and probably forever are/will be my favorites..
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Stitches! Wow, there is a lesson for me.

Team Innovation
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

An old Delica bite ... wasn’t funny that one!
Attachments
B48B9814-6F92-4407-A137-FF3C875CF09C.jpeg
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:34 am
Reason being, that the knife openend unnoticed in the pocket like in my case?! I like the BM axxislock, no doubt, but when I adjust the action to my liking it's prone to open in the pocket and so not the safest in carry. Just one of the reasons why backlocks still and probably forever are/will be my favorites..

to be honest, no, it was my stupidity :p

I was cutting a Pineapple and holding it with the other hand, blade was very sharp and I put too much pressure on the knife, so it cut through the fruit and the recurved blade landed in my skin behind the Pineapple :o
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

ThePeacent wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:46 am
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:34 am

to be honest, no, it was my stupidity :p

I was cutting a Pineapple and holding it with the other hand, blade was very sharp and I put too much pressure on the knife, so it cut through the fruit and the recurved blade landed in my skin behind the Pineapple :o
Ouch!! Thanks for sharing... And in a way: Not stupidity, but rather a real "battlefield injury" and much cooler than putting the hand in the pocket and getting cut by an opened knife... ;) ;)