S90v PPT Sprint

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Able Dog

S90v PPT Sprint

Post by Able Dog »

I ordered a PPT sprint last night, the carbon fiber and S90v were too much to resist this time around.

I'm seeing the knife listed as Made in the USA everywhere i look. The originals were produced in Taichung, correct? The change in country of origin would certainly account for some of the difference in price.

Does anyone know of any changes "under the hood" so to speak?

Also, more specifically for Spyderco personel, does the change reflect increased manufacturing capacity at the Golden facility?

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
Mushroom

Re: S90v PPT Sprint

Post by Mushroom »

I'm guessing the places that have it listed as Made in USA made a mistake.
I can confirm it is made in Taichung, just double checked mine to make sure. The materials being used are most likely the reason for the increase in price. :spyder:
- Nick :bug-red
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Carbon fiber handles that are machined with a great pattern, S90V steel, and limited edition... this is honestly one of the best value knives Spyderco makes. The prices for all models have risen quite a lot since the last PPT release.

I really like the knife but found out the hard way if you keep it in a jeans pocket without using the pocket clip, the blade tang can dig a hole in your pocket when the knife is closed.
ssunfish

Post by ssunfish »

Thanks for the heads up! Didn't know about this, just got the 2018 Spyderco catalog at Blade HQ Friday and saw the PPT was one of three that got my interest!