All things are matter and radiation.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

All things are matter and radiation.

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

In the physical universe, all things are matter and radiation. Think about it. Everything you see and experience are either matter or radiation. All the millions and billions of assorted molecules and chemicals and minerals and all things are made up of atoms and those atoms are made up of protons, electrons, and neutrons. Some think its all electricity, electrons. A neutron is a proton and an electron bonded together. All the elementary particles are matter. And then the rest is radiation. The electromagnetic spectrum.

Once we can efficiently and cheaply learn to convert matter to radiation and backwards, then you can have matter replicators and transmuters.

Now, you may say "What about the emotions and things?" Well people will say that some of that comes from chemical interactions. But then if you get into the thing about the soul that takes this to another level. Could the soul be considered a very subtle form of matter that is not detectable by our crude electron based instruments?
supracor

Re: All things are matter and radiation.

Post by supracor »

Nothing exists

If something exists, nothing can be known about it

If something can be known about it, knowledge about it can't be communicated to others.

Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

This is the reality :p
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

supracor wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:42 pm
Nothing exists

If something can be known about it, knowledge about it can't be communicated to others.

Sorry, I don't understand...

:p
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
supracor

Post by supracor »

:p :D :p

Potete capire questa frase? :p
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

supracor wrote:
Nothing exists

Well, a priori, the initial statement is a matter of opinion, not fact. There is no evidence or rational supporting argument for it, therefore it can be easily dismissed, along with its following postulates.

I suggest you spend some time looking into quantum physics. Although no one understands it, it appears to describe the constituents of reality.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
supracor

Post by supracor »

MichaelScott wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:50 pm
supracor wrote:
Nothing exists

Well, a priori, the initial statement is a matter of opinion, not fact. There is no evidence or rational supporting argument for it, therefore it can be easily dismissed, along with its following postulates.

I suggest you spend some time looking into quantum physics. Although no one understands it, it appears to describe the constituents of reality.
Are you trying to refute Gorgias with arguments?
Crazy man :p
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Now, you may say "What about the emotions and things?" Well people will say that some of that comes from chemical interactions. But then if you get into the thing about the soul that takes this to another level. Could the soul be considered a very subtle form of matter that is not detectable by our crude electron based instruments?
It was described to me thusly. All matter vibrates at different speeds or frequencies. Faster, slower, etc. Steam is just that molecule vibrating faster than when it was in water form. Change it to ice and it is just vibrating even slower than when it was in water form.

When a person changes moods in a way they are doing the same. Changing vibration speeds. Obviously not enough to literally turn into steam. Only figuratively "steaming" when angry. etc.

Joe
SpyderEdgeForever

The Mastiff wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:13 am
It was described to me thusly. All matter vibrates at different speeds or frequencies. Faster, slower, etc. Steam is just that molecule vibrating faster than when it was in water form. Change it to ice and it is just vibrating even slower than when it was in water form.

When a person changes moods in a way they are doing the same. Changing vibration speeds. Obviously not enough to literally turn into steam. Only figuratively "steaming" when angry. etc.

Joe

Thank you, that is a very good explanation. It makes me wonder if that being the case, there is some way that medical science can learn to modulate those changes, so people can be kept from either being too unemotional or from "flying off the handle". Ofcourse, that then crosses over into "no man's land territory" about society controlling individuals, that sort of thing. But imagine if there was some way to take the most extreme and violent persons and somehow put a mandatory modulator on them that would be an emotional equivelent of those "governors" on some vehicles; that prevent the vehicle from travelling past a certain level of speed. This "emotional governor" would be put on people who have a history of violent attacks against others so it "pacifies" them. Then again that crosses over into issues of individual freedoms and rights.
SpyderEdgeForever

MichaelScott wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:50 pm
supracor wrote:
Nothing exists

Great point. And infact it was this very thing: Quantum physics and electrodynamics, and the deeper version: quantum chromodynamics (the interactions of the subatomic subnuclear particles and waves) that got me thinking about the original post idea.

Michael: Picture this: If people could somehow engineer a device, at first large and bulky most likely, but then through advanced miniaturization, hand held, the size of say a modern smart phone or even a wand-like stick; let's call it a "Quantum Change Stick" or "Quantum Modulator".

This device, this super machine, would allow you and I and anyone else to quickly transform matter and radiation from one form into another. Obviously there would be rules regarding thermodynamics, because nothing in the present world operates with 100 percent efficiency, but even if there are heat losses and such things, the effects would be tremendous.

Imagine being able to go to a pile of what we now call trash and transforming the atoms of that trash into useful goods and useful materials.

What if you could walk over to a heaping pile of old bottles and cans and banana peels and transform that into a pile of Spyderco Delicas or brand new computers, or a pile of fresh edible beefsteaks?

The main issue would be the energy and the information: 1 How can we provide suffcient energy to undertake these matter transformations and 2 What type or memory level of computer would be required to handle it?

This would ofcourse be far more advanced than molecular nanotechnology.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

The Mastiff wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:13 am

Joe
There have been some interesting radio* programmes here recently about the role of micro-organisms in the human body, their significance as proportion of body-mass, the role they have in a persons well-ness, and even their involvement in mood and attitudes.

This seems to be a significant area of growing research and understanding.

*I know ... how old must I be to listen to lectures on the radio?
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

This "emotional governor" would be put on people who have a history of violent attacks against others so it "pacifies" them. Then again that crosses over into issues of individual freedoms and rights.
I'm totally against the government limiting freedom. Once a person has chosen to not live within the rules and becomes dangerous to others something has to be done to protect others. A simple fact. Kill them or lock them up. That is what I did for my career as a cop and prison guard. Prisons can be pretty horrible places to be though. If the "emotional governor" isn't a lobotomy I'd like to hear more. :)
There have been some interesting radio* programmes here recently about the role of micro-organisms in the human body, their significance as proportion of body-mass, the role they have in a persons well-ness, and even their involvement in mood and attitudes.
Like that "toxi-plasmosis" thing in cat poo that turns people into crazy old cat ladies? :o I haven't listened to the radio since I quit my last part time job. Maybe I should read up on this more.

Joe
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

I am not allowed to enter.
O.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

supracor wrote:
Nothing exists

How very post-modern of you. :p Since, however, you are espousing solipsism, the darling of post-modern teachers, whatever it is that you are trying to say cannot be understood, and what's more you do not exist. Therefore, the rest of us can go on about our business. :D
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
supracor

Post by supracor »

if you can understand yourselves... :D :p

Solipsism? Postmodernism?
Who can say that I exist? ;)
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

You said you don’t, remember?

You think, therefore you think you are.

Unfortunately, it seems your thinking processes are so muddled that you’ve gotten all tangled up in irrational assumptions. Or, this is all a joke.

Post modernism, sounds about right.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

Team Innovation
supracor

Post by supracor »

Who has ever said that I think?
Every time I discuss to my older brother he gets angry because he believes that with logic and rationality he can beat me :D

Come on, I stop annoying ;)

One last thing; don't try to enclose everything in a table, it doesn't work so much.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

It would appear obvious that in order to participate in this forum, some level of cerebral activity must occur. You might not call it thinking but surely it must exist. But, to you nothing exists. Then, why are you here, now, involved in this?

I don’t think anyone is trying to “beat” you, but to point out that to most of us, your declarations are self-contradictory and hence make no sense. Do you value logic and rationality? If not, then I suppose we don’t have much more to discuss.

Except, I’m not clear on what you mean by enclosing everything in a table.

Team Innovation
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

supracor wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:08 am

Tell me, who is asking the question?

The truth is, nobody has ever doubted, or disbelieved, in his own existence. It's impossible.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
supracor

Post by supracor »

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:20 am
supracor wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:08 am

Tell me, who is asking the question?

The truth is, nobody has ever doubted, or disbelieved, in his own existence. It's impossible.
Never said that i don't exist, i've said that there aren't proof of my existence.

The only possible answer is maybe.
supracor

Post by supracor »

supracor wrote:
Nothing exists

This procedure is not mine, it is from Gorgias.
Plato wrote a book on him.
The only thing he had to say is "nothing can be known".