Your General HRC Preference?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What is your General HRC Preference?

59 and under
11%
60 and higher
89%

Total votes: 27

Eli Chaps

Re: Your General HRC Preference?

Post by Eli Chaps »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:56 pm
Eli, this is a good thread. I don’t think you got the response you were looking for and I think we all basically told you something you already knew but this thread is likely very informative for those who are earlier in their journey learning about knives.
Thanks Darby. I should've been more in-tune with the audience and realized I needed to be clearer with the bunch of knife, edge, and steel junkies we've got around here! :D

But yes, even so, there is some good info in the answers that can benefit folks.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I did not vote because, for me at least, it depends upon the type of steel mated to what the intended purposes of the knife is. I would not want a chopper to be 65 RC, but more like 55. I would not want a pocket knife to be under 59, but a bit higher is better, for me. It just all depends on my uses. I am as happy with BD1 as I am with ZDP-189, depending on for what I want the knife.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Yea any question that generates discussion is a good thing. Just because the answer is different than expected doesn’t mean people can’t learn. Actually a different than expected answer probably results in more learning.
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

tvenuto wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:16 pm
Yea any question that generates discussion is a good thing. Just because the answer is different than expected doesn’t mean people can’t learn. Actually a different than expected answer probably results in more learning.
Indeed!
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

tvenuto wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:16 pm
+1
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.