The case for PAID shipping

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
michaelm466

Re: The case for PAID shipping

Post by michaelm466 »

In my personal experience (I'd estimate 500+ packages over the last 10 years-not just knife related items Living in 3 different states and 6 different cities.) I've never had any problem with UPS or FedEx there always on time or early. I've had several problems with USPS, Lost Sprint run PM2 S90V/CF- marked delivered, but never saw it so can't file a claim since it was marked delivered (Lost $250 dollars on that one), several items marked delivered then delivered 1-4 days later. A couple delivered to a neighbors address, currently I have an XM-24 that was suppose to be delivered last Thursday that was last scanned at my local USPS and now is just getting a "On route to next facility Scan" every 24 hours perpetually it seems. I'll have to go there after work to try to track it down. (Didn't earlier because I worked 7am-6pm thur, fri and sat).
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Since I became hooked on online shopping two decades ago (!), USPS, UPS, and FedEx have been a hot knife through butter here in coastal New Hampshire. I marvel at the lack of failure, and I rarely opt for paid shipping.

I wonder if such services are subject to neighborhood and even regional differences.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

My beloved knife finally arrived. Found it sitting on my door step this morning, and I was able to cancel my replacement order before it shipped (a big thank you to Knives Plus, seriously if you've never bought a knife from them, you should consider it. Top notch customer service, last time they had a delay with one of my orders they threw in a free $20 strop block with my order to make up for it, can't say enough nice things about them.)

Paid shipping from now on. If for no other reason, I'm sick of waiting a week to get my knives. 2- 3 day shipping is worth $10.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Good! Glad to hear it all worked out. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"