Finally got a sharpening system

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
koenigsegg

Re: Finally got a sharpening system

Post by koenigsegg »

I really like my KME, def suggest getting the beast diamond if you're going to reprofile a tool steel. Great bargain for what you get but I do like other systems more they just cost more too. I've had good luck using my phone with an angle app to find the bevel angle.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I've always sucked at freehand, and I've sucked for 10 years... I should get an edgepro and then try to relearn free hand? I never got the grip and stroke right, I always ended up with the stone in hand, knife in the other and trying to maintain the same angle...
XlntShot

Post by XlntShot »

Why not revive a good thread. I've had my KME Deluxe kit for a couple of months now and love it. I'm looking to replace the plastic spherical bearing (eyelet guide for rod) with a metal one. I can't seem to find the "snap in" type that they use.
Has anyone ever geeked one of these out?
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes.