AFI Performance Flash Batch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

AFI Performance Flash Batch Yes or No?

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 179

ZrowsN1s

Re: AFI Performance Flash Batch

Post by ZrowsN1s »

awa54 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:07 pm
Looks like there's no news here either :(
A watched pot will actually boil, it just seems like it takes longer when you watch.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
sal

Post by sal »

I just posted on the HP Delica thread. The order will going into effect in the next few days. I don't think we'l use MaganaCut on the first Sprint of this variation, probably VG-10 since it's the grind and not the steel being discussed.

sal
RyanY

Post by RyanY »

sal wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:56 pm
I just posted on the HP Delica thread. The order will going into effect in the next few days. I don't think we'l use MaganaCut on the first Sprint of this variation, probably VG-10 since it's the grind and not the steel being discussed.

sal
I have been a long term lurker on these forums with a great love for Spyderco and knives in general. I heard a rumor about a afi delica sprint what seems like a long time ago now. Just this evening I was thinking about it and went searching for updates and saw that Sal said it was happening and it finally made me create an account. I just want to say thank you Sal for being the kind of guy who makes us crazy knife people’s dreams a reality!! Really excited for this one. :bug-red-white
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear RyanY:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Really excited to see this come to fruition. Thanks for indulging us knife nuts and making this happen sal. I hope this one is mutually beneficial for all of us, and people see the benefits of geometry and want more.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
RyanY

Post by RyanY »

Michael Janich wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:47 am
Dear RyanY:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Thank you Mike! I have learned a lot from you over the years and I appreciate your designs. The yojimbo got me really hooked on Wharncliffes and just how useful they are in an edc utility blade in addition to your MBC applications.

Take care
-Ryan