What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fharing45

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Post by Fharing45 »

Making wife breakfast. Sliced English muffins, buttered after toasting with back curve, opened sausage package. Perfection in a folding paring knife. P'kal
vivi

Post by vivi »

Used my kids dragonfly to help with her craft project.

She needed some circles cut out of a sheet of cardboard. Figured the narrow dragonfly she had out would work better for cutting out small circles than the Cold Steel 4 Max I had in my pocket.

The blade worked well for the job. The handle, on the other hand......never did warm up to the Dragonfly handle, and tonight reminded me why.
:unicorn
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Breaking down Christmas and New Year’s trash. Image
MRj “Weak things break!”
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Mrj wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:34 pm
Are those aftermarket scales? Looks just like my BHQ M4 Shaman.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

kennethsime wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:24 pm
Mrj wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:34 pm
Are those aftermarket scales? Looks just like my BHQ M4 Shaman.
You are correct. I swapped my DLc version with black scales and used the Micarta on my BBB. My friend Beau used his from his satin version first and I loved the way they looked so I had to try it. I have had to say this one of my favorites carries. This knife cuts everything.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

I was using my M4 Tenacious to cut away insulation on some exterior water pipes yesterday. I had to cut off some older foam and tape to square up the ends so I just pressed through the old stuff and used the pipes like a cutting board.

Today, I was rebuilding a faucet and scraping minerals and scale off of faucet parts with the same Tenacious.

There wasn’t even a glint on the edge after all that.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Pokey wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:35 pm
I was using my M4 Tenacious to cut away insulation on some exterior water pipes yesterday. I had to cut off some older foam and tape to square up the ends so I just pressed through the old stuff and used the pipes like a cutting board.

Today, I was rebuilding a faucet and scraping minerals and scale off of faucet parts with the same Tenacious.

There wasn’t even a glint on the edge after all that.
I managed to bugger up my M4 tenacious by stripping a screw. Took it apart to clean and dye the scales, and it didn’t go back together. :/ hoping Warranty & Repair take pity on me, it’s a fantastic knife.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
kobold

Post by kobold »

The sacred duty of every knife is to free its brothers from captivity.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
TimButterfield

Post by TimButterfield »

kobold wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:49 am
The sacred duty of every knife is to free its brothers from captivity.
That's very true. I also try to match the brand/type of knife to the package contents; a Spyderco frees other Spydercos, a Buck frees other Bucks, etc.
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

IMG_3988.jpeg
The temp for ‘chopping sh#%’ & making sandwiches
The kopa for opening a few boxes and bags.
:bug-red-white
SpyderJunky

Post by SpyderJunky »

Opened up a delivery of some sharpening supplies with the CruCarta PM2...
20240104_213804_copy_1521x1126.jpg
"I have too many Spyderco knives"-said no man ever.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

SpyderJunky wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:41 pm

Slightly off topic, but how do you like that Sencillo?

Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Opened a cardboard box containing a glass vial with radioactive medication to treat bone pain in palliative prostate cancer patients. It's an alpha emitter so you need to be carefull not to stick yourself with the needle or drop the vial. Sturdy packaging.
Fine Swine

Post by Fine Swine »

I put it in my pocket and later, took it back out.
TimButterfield

Post by TimButterfield »

I just did some desk carry today. But, these were the two I was admiring the most. Now that the lanyard tube has been removed, it's nice to not have to worry about the blade on the Nishijin any more. And, the Delica is growing on me more and more. :thinking

SpyderJunky

Post by SpyderJunky »

kennethsime wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:01 am
SpyderJunky wrote:

Haven't used it yet but i'm gonna love it.
Magnacut.
I knocked a bear down last fall exactly one mile up into the mountain wilderness. It was in a creek channel and I couldn't drag it any more than I could drag a water bed. The wrist and the ankles were too big to get my hands are round so I could only grab a fish full of hair and pull. Had to field dress on the spot and I went to split the sternum with cheaper steel and cut right through 5 ribs at the edge of the sternum. I guess they were pretty cartilagious there...
After that cut the knife was done. It could only help me rip the diaphragm membrane out instead of slice it. Then I had to cut the upper end on the lower end of the innards with a dull knife.
I had a 45 minute hike down the mountain and a 15 minute drive back to camp to get a cell phone signal. Called a buddy from thirty minutes away and we went back up the mountain on another hour long hike. Got the bear out after dark and iced. Off to the taxidermist and the meat processor the very next morning.
The bloody fatty greasy knife did not get cleaned for twenty four hours. Left some spots on it but that doesn't bother me.
The Magnacut Sencillo will solve all those problems. The balance is beautiful and the round handles help with twisting and turning around the curves better than a flat handle.
At 65yo I may never need another skinner. And I'll never hit the bear woods again with only one skinner.

I hope these pics are okay with the board rules but this is what knives are for...
You can see the 5 cut ribs in the picture of the bear on the taxidermist's table...

[ I have removed these 2 pictures until I get confirmation of the rules on posting a dead animal on this forum...
I am unable to find the rules regarding such and have left a message with a moderator...
Don't want to be breaking the rules in my first week here on this forum... will advise, thx]

Well I hope I removed them... can't tell.

Aaand, I cant figure out how to delet a post either... :winking-tongue HELP! :squinting-tongue
Attachments
Screenshot_20240105_182237_Photos_copy_540x957.jpg
Screenshot_20240105_182215_Photos_copy_540x959.jpg
Last edited by SpyderJunky on Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SpyderJunky

Post by SpyderJunky »

* I've been clicking on the pink forum rules banner near the top of the page and nothing will come up...
gimibala

Post by gimibala »

SpyderJunky wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:29 pm
kennethsime wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:01 am
SpyderJunky wrote:

Haven't used it yet but i'm gonna love it.
Magnacut.
I knocked a bear down last fall exactly one mile up into the mountain wilderness. It was in a creek channel and I couldn't drag it any more than I could drag a water bed. The wrist and the ankles were too big to get my hands are round so I could only grab a fish full of hair and pull. Had to field dress on the spot and I went to split the sternum with cheaper steel and cut right through 5 ribs at the edge of the sternum. I guess they were pretty cartilagious there...
After that cut the knife was done. It could only help me rip the diaphragm membrane out instead of slice it. Then I had to cut the upper end on the lower end of the innards with a dull knife.
I had a 45 minute hike down the mountain and a 15 minute drive back to camp to get a cell phone signal. Called a buddy from thirty minutes away and we went back up the mountain on another hour long hike. Got the bear out after dark and iced. Off to the taxidermist and the meat processor the very next morning.
The bloody fatty greasy knife did not get cleaned for twenty four hours. Left some spots on it but that doesn't bother me.
The Magnacut Sencillo will solve all those problems. The balance is beautiful and the round handles help with twisting and turning around the curves better than a flat handle.
At 65yo I may never need another skinner. And I'll never hit the bear woods again with only one skinner.

I hope these pics are okay with the board rules but this is what knives are for...
You can see the 5 cut ribs in the picture of the bear on the taxidermist's table...

[ I have removed these 2 pictures until I get confirmation of the rules on posting a dead animal on this forum...
I am unable to find the rules regarding such and have left a message with a moderator...
Don't want to be breaking the rules in my first week here on this forum... will advise, thx]

Well I hope I removed them... can't tell.

Aaand, I cant figure out how to delet a post either... :winking-tongue HELP! :squinting-tongue
Awesome, I really enjoyed your post.
SpyderJunky

Post by SpyderJunky »

Thank you, sir.
I have a little relief now that I've sding another bloody picture somewhere close.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Just me and my bestie out in the garage cutting up with some weight Image
MRj “Weak things break!”