Manix 2 Backlock options?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BDNX

Manix 2 Backlock options?

Post by BDNX »

Are there any plans to do more versions of the M2 Backlock....different steel options, etc??
allhatnocattle

Re: Manix 2 Backlock options?

Post by allhatnocattle »

+1 I had that same thought, would love to see it share some of the blade and handle scale combos of the native and pm2.
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

allhatnocattle wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:10 pm
+1 I had that same thought, would love to see it share some of the blade and handle scale combos of the native and pm2.
Exactly. Blurple 110v comes to mind.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd buy it in K390.

Not sure I'm into too many others though. I vastly prefer CBBl to backlock.
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

To each their own. I actually prefer the Backlock to the cbbl. Not that I have anything against it, however the whole knife in general is just a little bit heftier and thats another thing I really like about this version.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

We have been hounding Sal about this (and the K390!) and so far he is silent. That very silence has me hoping because sometimes he is a sly fox and he will come out with a knife like that without warning.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:53 pm
We have been hounding Sal about this (and the K390!) and so far he is silent. That very silence has me hoping because sometimes he is a sly fox and he will come out with a knife like that without warning.
Thy will be done Doc but... let’s hope Sal is not silent cause it’s a poor seller :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

elena86 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Thy will be done Doc but... let’s hope Sal is not silent cause it’s a poor seller :eek:
I hope the M2BL is a great seller. People that buy them love them. However, all too often people get caught up in the latest fashion instead of what is practical and works best (look at fashion clothing!). The back lock simply cannot be beat with the current technology. The CBBL is a great lock and the second best out there, in my opinion, behind the well done back lock.

Andrew Demko vastly improved the back lock with the Triad Lock, Spyderco greatly improved it with the Native and Manix 2. Now, Buck has improved the lock on the 110 in the S30V/G10 Pro. We are seeing good things, today.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:31 pm
elena86 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 am
Doc Dan wrote:
I hope the M2BL is a great seller. People that buy them love them. However, all too often people get caught up in the latest fashion instead of what is practical and works best (look at fashion clothing!). The back lock simply cannot be beat with the current technology. The CBBL is a great lock and the second best out there, in my opinion, behind the well done back lock.

Andrew Demko vastly improved the back lock with the Triad Lock, Spyderco greatly improved it with the Native and Manix 2. Now, Buck has improved the lock on the 110 in the S30V/G10 Pro. We are seeing good things, today.
Definitely a tried and true lock. The Backlock on the M2 is so ridiculously smooooooth. One of the best I’ve seen.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Would love to try out a backlock Manix. Will definitely be a buyer of any in 52100, Cruwear, or M4. Maybe BHQ will give it the Jade/M4 treatment after how quickly the other Manix runs sold out! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I will tell you right now that if Spyderco were to come out with a dark gray G10 back lock M2 with K390 (like the knifeworks exclusive color) I would buy two. I would be in heaven.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Dark grey would look cool. 👍
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

I'd like one with a wire clip. That would be a sufficient variation for me. :)
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

I have the new S30V Manix Backlock and love it. I was (and still am) a big fan of the original CBBL Manix 2 -- but the Backlock takes it to an entirely new level. People who like to flip their knives like a fidget spinner may not like it so well as it opens with more friction. The way it snaps into lockup though makes it all worthwhile! :-) And the thicker blade always makes me smile. And I can't argue a bit about the less aggressive G10. And this might be the first knife I have owned where S30V really impressed me. And .....

I find myself carrying this knife almost all the time since I got it. Which is curious given that when I first heard about a backlock Manix, I thought it was a crazy idea and was appalled.

So I would be perfectly happy if Spyderco make this version of the Manix the CQI improved version and dropped the CBBL entirely. No telling if they will do that. I am certainly eagerly anticipating any more Backlock versions and am really hoping that a K390 variant might be offered, that would be fantastic
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Eli Chaps wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:53 am
I'd like one with a wire clip. That would be a sufficient variation for me. :)
I agree. That would be the only change I would make on this particular model.