The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
z1r

Re: The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Post by z1r »

Mad Mac wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:32 pm
Actually, I don't like beer.
I'm just collecting pull tabs for my granddaughter.
One of her instructors is trying to set a Guinness World Record.
This is my second Planters Peanut plastic jar of tabs.

Remember the bad old days circa 1963
when ring-pull tabs separated from the cans.
They became embedded in hot asphalt
and paved convenience store parking lots
or hippies and cowboys wove them into hatbands.

About 1975 with the advent of the Sta-Tab
they became integral to the cans.
I remember gutting bass only to find a pull tab. Heck, I remember when the cans were steel, not aluminum, lol! Try crushing one of those on yer head! :zany
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I do remember them! It's been awhile...
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

The only steel beer cans I recall drinking from were Iron City
when I was on an audit job in Philadelphia back in the 1970s.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

That does go back awhile. I forgot they had steel cans!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
z1r

Post by z1r »

z1r

Post by z1r »

z1r

Post by z1r »

Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

That's the spirit. So many beers. So little time.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Exactly! 🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

z1r did all the heavy lifting while I've been AWOL.
I have some catching up to do.
Have a sour ale with cranberries, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Prairie Artisan Ale Seasick Crocodile
attila

Post by attila »

Mad Mac wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:06 pm
A lager with coffee in it. A breakfast beer ?
Or a beer for the person who wants to be a wide awake drunk ?
It was tasty.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Weathered Souls Brewing Co. Rise and Grind
I haven’t been able to see any of your images in a long time but am sure that it looks good.
I used to mix cold coffee 1:1 with Yuengling about a decade ago. Not for everyone, but I enjoyed it.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Pictures may be viewed unedited without commentary
in a Google+ photo album here.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/igcSGbsh4bMZWBUo8

Google changed their motto from "Don't be evil." to "Do the right thing."
at about the same time they bought Picasa
and then cut off direct link access to images.
Do the right thing by whom?
It is much more subjective, parsed and nuanced than do no evil.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Happy National Beer Day !

Oh, I have gotten so far behind.
Not on my beer drinking but on my posting.
It took a national holiday to get me in gear.

We owe this day, April 7th, 1933, to Franklin Roosevelt.
Elected in 1932 on a platform of ending prohibition
which was achieved with the ratification
of the 21st Amendment in December 1933.

FDR decided to start the ball rolling by amending the 1920 Volstead Act
that had provided specificity to the 1919 18th Amendment (stay with me)
banning "intoxicating liquors" which Volstead defined as
3.2 % alcohol by weight (3.6 % ABV).

Specifically, the Cullen-Harrison Act legalized the sale of 3.2% ABV beer.
https://www.porchdrinking.com/articles/ ... -beer-day/

Sadly, Oklahoma only went from dry to slightly damp and
did not bother to take advantage of the repeal of prohibition
until October 1, 2018 when it finally raised the legal limit to 6% ABV.
I was stationed there during those drying times. But wait. That's not all.

" ...in 1978, President Jimmy Carter signed a bill allowing homebrewing,
thus repealing one of the final Prohibition-era federal laws on the books.
As a result, a new wave of brewers and beer enthusiasts emerged,
helping (in part) to create the modern beer boom
with nearly 8,000 breweries operating by 2020.
Happy days, happy days."
https://www.ocolly.com/news/new-oklahom ... af764.html

So hoist a brew to FDR and Jimmy Carter and celebrate National Beer Day !

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Revolver Brewing Blood and Honey
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

Why aren't the Sydieholes in the auxiliary blades shaped as 2 different standard-sized wrenches?
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

(Sound of hand slapping forehead.) Sounds like a great idea to me.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Me too! That's Worthy of forwarding to Spyder Control 🍻☺️
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Here is what Sal posted in 2011 about submitting ideas:
viewtopic.php?p=695132#p695132

A post in 2017 said to send ideas to peterj@spyderco.com.
Peter Jhones is the legal guy.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i'm not sure they'd want to give up having their patented opening hole, but it would be really nice to have a 1/4" driver somewhere at least. i think it would be really finicky on a non-locking tool though, and could potentially cause damage even to a locking tool.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

As long as there is room a non-locking knife could be turned over
to turn the other way. Small low torque fasteners may be okay.
Would not recommend 9/16ths lug nuts.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Because of the countless Yeti's migrating through this part of East Texas
I had to put up a warning sign at one of their more popular crossings
on my property. A fitting backdrop for this brew.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout

There are so many Bigfoot sightings in East Texas
an annual conference is held in Jefferson.
https://www.facebook.com/TexasBigfootConference/

If one doubts the existence of Yeti's consider this.
Have you ever been driving down the road and smelled a dead skunk?
But there is no dead skunk visible.

That my friends is where a Bigfoot has crossed the road.
And that is why around here we call them Skunk Apes.
Last edited by Mad Mac on Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.