Manix 2 M4 Natural G-10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Strider

Re: Manix 2 M4 Natural G-10

Post by Strider »

Mine arrived today. Never held a manix before. Obviously it's a beautiful knife. However, I am not blown away by the ergonomics. I think the shaman has me spoiled. But I might be coming around to it. This does make me very interested in some shaman sprint runs, but I fear they will be too expensive based on how much the production model is now.
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

Nice
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Mail man has my hostage. Will have to pick up tomorrow :/
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

abbazaba wrote:Mail man has my hostage. Will have to pick up tomorrow :/
Same ..i didnt know i had to sign..maybe because i ordered 2? Wish i had known i could have been here.
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
anycal

Post by anycal »

^^ I believe anything over $300 is shipped with signature required.
Peter
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Yeah, I had to sign as well. Ordered two.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
anycal

Post by anycal »

Peter
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Who’s got a spare?? I was at work for the drop :(
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Got my two today... Beautiful out of the box, but I had other plans... :D

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

abbazaba wrote:Got my two today... Beautiful out of the box, but I had other plans... :D

Wow -- a near perfect knife :eek: This is exactly what i was considering, this or at least black G-10. But mine came today and predictably for me, I like it so much as-is, I'd have a tough time modding it. Maybe that's why you got two.

But just in case, did you get those scales off a KC exclusive CF Cruwear, or are they aftermarket scales, or what?
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

DougC-3 wrote:
Wow -- a near perfect knife :eek: This is exactly what i was considering, this or at least black G-10. But mine came today and predictably for me, I like it so much as-is, I'd have a tough time modding it. Maybe that's why you got two.

But just in case, did you get those scales off a KC exclusive CF Cruwear, or are they aftermarket scales, or what?
I bought a back up CF Cruwear off the Exchange for a really good price... I was questioning the decision until today :)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

abbazaba wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:

I bought a back up CF Cruwear off the Exchange for a really good price... I was questioning the decision until today :)
Ha, I thought so -- a wise move indeed :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
anycal

Post by anycal »

That's a great look with the CF!

I would recommend going easy on the pivot lube. If you use too much, like I did, the oil soaked black liners will show through the scales. Couldn't take it and had to take it apart to clean it.

What a great knife, inside and out.

Peter
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DougC-3 wrote:
abbazaba wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:

Ha, I thought so -- a wise move indeed :D
Too funny, I just bought the Cruwear and I'm going to be trading my CF scales for another member's Jade scales. Actually he technically gifted me the Jade scales and some Blurple PM2 scales and I am gifting him the CF scales back! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DougC-3 wrote:
abbazaba wrote:Got my two today... Beautiful out of the box, but I had other plans... :D

If anyone's Jade scales are going to end up collecting dust in a junk drawer I'll be happy to take them off your hands! They are my favorite scales.
andrewu750

Post by andrewu750 »

That carbon fiber is super nice
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

That's look just as good as I imagined. I will probably do the same to my second one as both will be users. My first one got peel-ply carbon fiber.

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Mine arrived yesterday, in just 3 days instead of the predicted 4. Here it is with some mates. I really like the translucent G-10 with black liners, more than expected. It's kind of keen to look into the opened knife and see the contrast of the black shiny liners against the light coming through the G-10. But even so, I may get another Cruwear CF exclusive at some point and swap its smoothish CF scales to the DLC blade model, like abbazaba did. I really like that configuration. But ideally I'd like to get a second one so I could keep both configurations.