When is the new Native 5 Salt arriving?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

When is the new Native 5 Salt arriving?

Post by Doc Dan »

When is the new Native Salt LC200N going to come out? Does anyone know anything about it?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SG89

Re: When is the new Native 5 Salt arriving?

Post by SG89 »

Doc Dan wrote:When is the new Native Salt LC200N going to come out? Does anyone know anything about it?
I know it's cool :D
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

I pre-ordered one. That's about all I know :)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Not soon enough
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

Crap. I gotta stop coming here. You guys cost me money.

The Native 5 Salt will be a perfect complement to my Pacific Salt PE and my Ladybug Salt Hawkbill.

Does it come in a full serrated version? I love my fully serrated regular Native 5....
Last edited by SharpieB on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

Dupe.
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

My guess is end of february... i noticed thats when a couple exclusives are dropping.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

SharpieB wrote:Does it come in a full serrated version? I love my fully serrated regular Native 5....
Yep.

Am I the only one surprised by the price on the Native Salt? It's $27 more than a Salt 2.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

zhyla wrote:
SharpieB wrote:Does it come in a full serrated version? I love my fully serrated regular Native 5....
Yep.

Am I the only one surprised by the price on the Native Salt? It's $27 more than a Salt 2.
I wonder how the serrated version will compare to H1 serrated? H1 serrated is legendary for staying sharp due to work hardening.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

zhyla wrote:
Yep.

The better Native backlock alone is worth a price upgrade!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

better backlock, LC200N is supposed to be better than H1 in PE retention, choil
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Spydergirl88 wrote:better backlock, LC200N is supposed to be better than H1 in PE retention, choil
Made in Golden, too. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

SpyderNut wrote:Made in Golden, too. :D
Yeah, I understand the why of the cost difference. But, I dunno, when I think of the Salt series I think of a knife that I'm going to have around water, it's going to be a lot easier to lose or abuse. I'd be more inclined to go cheap on this sort of knife than, say, a more general EDC knife.

I think part of this is I'm just adjusting to the new MAP prices and also hadn't looked at retail prices for Spyderco in a while before that. Everything seems expensive. $75 for a base model Delica? Whoa! I paid $40 for my first Native.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I like that the tip has a point. For me, this is a good thing. I am not doing dolphin rescue or anything.

This is just a cool knife. I hope the end of February is the latest it is released. This looks like a fantastic all around knife, not just for salt water use. I'll be interested to see how the steel holds up in PE, too.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

It does seem a bit expensive for what it is, but still a cool knife.

My dilemma is that I already have a serrated Native 5 in S35VN and a PE Pacific Salt. Not sure I need a 2nd SE Native. I have a little Ladybug Hawkbill Salt SE as well. The Native is also a bit small IMO for kayak fishing and on the dock and around the shore potentially.

I am only near water on the weekends in summer but obviously Toronto gets some snow. :)
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I hope that we get some handle color options after Spyderco sees that this knife will sell.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

My dilemma is that I want a hiviz and very stainless NativeLW for woods bumming that I can pair with a bigger fixed blade. On one hand I love yellow and black and on the other hand the orange S90V NativeLW looks to be a better value and S90V is plenty stainless for my needs. Hmmm.... I do need some LC200N in my life though. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Strider

Post by Strider »

shoot. looks pretty awesome. Might consider this one in spyderedge. but will do my best to hold off on it. At least until summer.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

bearfacedkiller wrote:My dilemma is that I want a hiviz and very stainless NativeLW for woods bumming that I can pair with a bigger fixed blade. On one hand I love yellow and black and on the other hand the orange S90V NativeLW looks to be a better value and S90V is plenty stainless for my needs. Hmmm.... I do need some LC200N in my life though. :)
I am facing that same dilemma. However, I do not have an LC200N.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050