I wish Spyderco would make...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Re: I wish Spyderco would make...

Post by vivi »

Jazz wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:Actually I wish they would re-make the C-60 Ayoob model again>> and in SE & PE both. It's just too good of a folder to forget about. I also wish that Massad Ayoob and Sal Glesser would get together again for another one of his designs.
JD, I still wonder every time you mention it, why you like that crazy forward angled blade. Looks like a nice knife if it was angled like a normal blade. I can't stand forward angled blades, so that's partly just me, I know.
Can't speak for JD but I find knives with aggressive negative angles cut better than straighter designs.
:unicorn
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I wish Spyderco would team up with Helle knives of Norway and make a collaboration knife that uses laminated Norwegien stainless steel but with Spyderco engineering combined with Helle engineering. That would be INCREDIBLY COOL!

Look at this knife and tell me how Spyderco and Helle could make something similar but with notable Spyderco attributes?
HelleFjordingLaminatedStainless.jpg
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

PM2 with DLC and full spyderedge
Military with reversible pocket clip
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:I wish Spyderco would team up with Helle knives of Norway and make a collaboration knife that uses laminated Norwegien stainless steel but with Spyderco engineering combined with Helle engineering. That would be INCREDIBLY COOL!

Look at this knife and tell me how Spyderco and Helle could make something similar but with notable Spyderco attributes?

I agree. Halle knives are a great value imo.
They come EXTREMELY sharp lol.
Nice post/suggestion. ;)
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Vivi wrote:
and again Vivi we fall into the same wishful thinking ;)

Swick 3 XL ---> essentially the rustproof decent sized wharnie fixed blade so talked about this year, a bigger, corrosion free "CRKT Minimalist"

Μanix XL Lightweight ---> bigger folder with lightweight construction and linerless scales, with a good rust-resistant steel (CTS-BD1, LC200N) to boot for those in love with large blades

FRN Police with LC200N
---> same, a classic straight spine, long slicey blade with acute, precise point and steel to use in humid environments, keeping it thin and lightweight

Pacific Salt XL---> the king of light, easy to carry waterproof folders but bigger in size, challenging Cold Steel into the lowq weight, large sized folding knives realm :D

Catcherman H1 full SE sprint ---> essentially a variation of the "Szabo curved blade style" with less weight and width penalty and sporting a long, powerful serrated pattern :rolleyes:

FRN folder with a 4.5-5" wharncliffe blade, FFG, lockback
---> what the new for 2017 Cold Steel Frenzy should have been, or an oversized improved Yo2 if you will, linerless OFC :)

Ronin 1 sprint ---> maybe the simple, easy to carry wharnie fixed blade we all wish, but with improved steel for EDC, finally returning to claim the fixed blade king title? :eek:
Brendanenon

Post by Brendanenon »

How about a super fine paramilitary 2. Thinking about a stonewashed 204p blade maybe with some slight changes to soften the gimping and other lines. RIL on titanium anodized and slightly stone washed frame. Maybe titanium on show side and CF on compression lock side. Wire clip. Just really well finished, not just a flatanium scaled standard model.
PM2 M390 red, Military M4 natural, Military 204p green, 2x Southard's, Positron s35 orange, Raven 2 Byrd
Brendanenon

Post by Brendanenon »

BravoTango wrote:I would also like to see some more Manix 2 XL options, Jade/M4, CF/s110v. How about an XL lightweight? Translucent blue FRCP & at least s30v steel, I would like screw together construction instead of the pins used on the Manix 2 LW, but it wouldn't stop me from buying one if it was pinned. Call me crazy for putting XL and LW in the same sentance, but I think it'd work!

Yes, manix xl but para 2 also in the BHQ DLC natural/M4 would be very cool.
PM2 M390 red, Military M4 natural, Military 204p green, 2x Southard's, Positron s35 orange, Raven 2 Byrd
SpyderEdgeForever

MacLaren wrote:
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:I wish Spyderco would team up with Helle knives of Norway and make a collaboration knife that uses laminated Norwegien stainless steel but with Spyderco engineering combined with Helle engineering. That would be INCREDIBLY COOL!

I agree. Halle knives are a great value imo.
They come EXTREMELY sharp lol.
Nice post/suggestion. ;)
Thank you! Yeah they are very great quality.

Helle has been experimenting with folding lock blade knives. They recently introduced a new one. Their steel is superb and the wooden handle materials are very well formed. I would love to see a Spyderco Helle Collaboration that has the SpyderHole and perhaps FRN or G10 or even wood, and some of the laminated steel Spyderco has experimented with and has been doing well with. Something along those lines.
SpyderEdgeForever

Oh yes, I have mentioned this before: I would like to see Spyderco make a Caspian Salt series reboot, with the new LC200N stainless steel. Are there people on the forum here, who if they were to do that, you would definitely get at least one of them, if possible? If they were both remade in pointed and blunt tips.
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

1). 8" Cook's knife

2). Bright blue M2LW in whatever steel (S60V maybe)

3). M2LW in yellow and LC200N

4). Delica with wire clip

In general... More wire clips and more colors.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Fluted Titanium Para2 with integral compression lock.

Non-Fluted Titanium Para2 with integral compression lock.

I cannot believe that one of these two hasn't happened yet.

Fluted CF Military in S90V to replace the discontinued Fluted TI Military. This makes sense to me because they have effectively replaced the Fluted TI Native5 with a Fluted CF Native5 in S90V.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Spydiechef LW / Salt.
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

LC200N PE FFG Salt 2.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Fluted CF Manix 2 with blade in something like s90v or s110v.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

looking at how much LC200N/Salt petitions we see as of late it's weird that only 2 new knives had that steel in the 2018 catalog... :confused:
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

ThePeacent wrote:looking at how much LC200N/Salt petitions we see as of late it's weird that only 2 new knives had that steel in the 2018 catalog... :confused:
I have been wondering if Spyderco is just slowly ramping up offerings in LC200N. It seems like that has been hinted. It is the obvious direction at least for PE in the salt series, although H1 still gets a lot of positive reviews in SE.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

ThePeacent wrote:looking at how much LC200N/Salt petitions we see as of late it's weird that only 2 new knives had that steel in the 2018 catalog... :confused:
I will be very very surprised if the Native Salt is not a huge success. After that, I think we will see a lot more knives in lc200n.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

Scissors!! My Christmas wrapping was less than enjoyable!
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Demon85z wrote:Scissors!! My Christmas wrapping was less than enjoyable!
I stopped using scissors for wrapped paper around the time I learned to really put a sharp edge on a knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
sal

Post by sal »

Lots of LC200N in-the-works.

sal