Dragonfly Salt HAWKBILL is happening!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Re: Dragonfly Salt HAWKBILL is happening!

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Regular production, but that doesn't mean they won't sell out of this batch before they can make more :D I predict this will be a top seller, it's a very functional design and practical size.... SE H1 has the highest edge retention of any Spyderco steel they've tested .....and it's rust proof :cool:
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I really like it so far. I like it because it's just about polar opposite of my primary EDC, and I like that contrast. It gives me something to play with but also a whole different experience and cutting ability. I REALLY want one in LC200N/PE.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
spambait11

Post by spambait11 »

I honestly thought I would like the hawkbill more, but I don’t. For me, it’s too small to hold confidently, and the curved handle is a nuisance. It might as well be a karambit.

I only carry the Dragonfly consistiently because of its size, weight, and rustproofness, and only put up with the curved handle because the blade length is fine for 90% of what I need a knife for, and I like the thinness of the blade for cutting. While I would like a different handle for the Dragonfly, I understand its designed the way it is for compactness, so I don’t really have a suggestion for changing it all that much. One poster keeps asking for an extended Dragonfly (Dragonfly XL?), but I don’t know how I’d feel about a longer, exaggerated curved handle.

Anyway, thanks for making the Dragonfly Hawkbill, Sal. I know it’s a hard balancing act between fulfilling customer wishes, but also not hurting your bottom line with unpopular designs. Hopefully this model does well for you.