Para 3 Defect? - Resolved - No Defect

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mad german

Para 3 Defect? - Resolved - No Defect

Post by mad german »

I think I may have an issue with my Para 3 and wanted to see what you guys thought. I tried calling Spyderco but the warranty and repairs dept was busy and it went to voicemail. It appears that there's a small nick in the tang of the blade. The compression lock catches it as it slides over. It clicks into this nick, and while the blade won't move backwards, it's not fully locked. Opening it a bit more will fully lock the blade.

Is any else's Para 3 like this?

I tried attaching a pic from my phone, but it says the file is too large. Can I email this to one of you guys to post for me?
My collection is ever changing!
funghiman

Re: Another Para 3 Defect?

Post by funghiman »

There has already been a topic around talking about this, you might want to check it out://forum.spyderco.com/viewto ... =2&t=73272

And as a brief conclusion, yes there are other Para 3s like this; no it is not a defect but an improvement.
:spyder: Para2 XHP  :spyder: Para2 S110V  :spyder: Para2 S35VN  :spyder: Para2 CF S90V
:spyder: Manix2 LW S110V  :spyder: Manix2 Exclusive  :spyder: Dodo Sprint
:spyder: UK Penknife Safety Orange  :spyder:UK Penknife Rescue Orange
:spyder: Perrin PPT  :spyder: Perrin PPT Sprint  :spyder: Positron  :spyder: Positron S35VN
:spyder: Slysz Bowie  :spyder: Ferid K2  :spyder: Sage5  :spyder: Sprig
:spyder: Junior  :spyder: R Nishijin  :spyder: Rock Lobster  :spyder: Urban Wharncliffe
mad german

Post by mad german »

I just heard back from CS. Apparently it's normal. Please move along. Nothing to see here, folks.
mad german

Post by mad german »

Thanks. I saw the other thread. I thought mine looked a little different. I'm glad that Spyderco CS gave me an all clear and that my knife is normal.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

In an attempt to clarify this thread for searches or new folks... title edited.
There is nothing more important than this one day.