Out of the Spyderco knives you own, which one is your favorite?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
425KRS

Out of the Spyderco knives you own, which one is your favorite?

Post by 425KRS »

Hard choice for me, but I got a new one today that might be my current favorite. Everything that is great about the PM2 but in a little smaller package and with a flipper! Love this Domino, fits perfectly in my hand and the action is so smooth. Considering how much I like this one, I want to check out the PM3 too. Seems like it would be pretty comparable.

:spyder:
holeshot

Re: Out of the Spyderco knives you own, which one is your favorite?

Post by holeshot »

I'm going with my SE Pacific Salt :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
chaps

Post by chaps »

holeshot wrote:I'm going with my SE Pacific Salt :)
+1!!
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

chaps wrote:
holeshot wrote:I'm going with my SE Pacific Salt :)
+1!!
I bought that knife for my father for his birthday recently (he is out on the water alot), maybe I should get myself one too!
Last edited by 425KRS on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

There are already far too many Spydercos in my Number One slot, so I can't say. :o

The Starmate has always been a favorite, as well as the Centofante II.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
timlara

Post by timlara »

Congrats! You've got yourself the best version of the Domino right there!

That BBS Domino is high on my list for sure, but I think I have to give my current favorite spot to the Sage 5. For me it just gets so many things right and has so few flaws that it could easily be my only knife if I wasn't a crazy hobbyist. :)
Tim
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I'd have to throw names in a hat and pick one.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

That's like asking a parent to pick their favorite child! Not fair.

For me in folders it comes down to my PM2 smurf, a Delica, or my modded ZDP Stretch.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Folding: Manix LW s110v.

I easily own over 100 Spyderco knives. I have tried carrying every single one of them.

Without a doubt, the Manix 2 is "my" platform. The ergos are perfect for me, I LOVE the CBBL, and the size is exactly right for most of my daily tasks (and I have the good fortune to live in Idaho, where blade length restrictions are unheard of). I always come back to the Manix 2. I love lots of other Spyderco folders (Chapparal gets the nod when I travel, Dragonfly is a longtime favorite and I have them stashed in almost all my daypacks and vehicles, and there's a HB ladybug on my keychain), but the Manix 2 is the one I can't stay away from using, and when I more than one knife on me (which is usually) it's the first one I grab 95% of the time. I own almost every Manix 2 steel variant (S30v, 154cm, s90v, M4, Cruwear, Maxamet...I'm sure I'm missing something in that list), hollow grind (in 154cm and s30v) and full flat, plain edge and serrated (the Cruwear with aftermarket serrations is a beast for hard use).

The LW in s110v is the one I come back to. It's lightweight, tough and "common" enough that I don't feel badly about abusing it (I always baby the s90v when I carry it, for example--just can't bring myself to beat on it).

Honorable mention: Every other Manix 2. :)

Fixed blade: Sprig

The only fixed blade I love more than the Sprig (and more than the Manix 2) is my custom Phil Wilson B&T (if I could only keep a single knife for the rest of my life it would be that one), which is the knife the Sprig is patterned on. The Sprig just makes me giggle every time I pick it up, and smile every time I cut something with it. I have no idea how Phil's custom can be so much better (I think Phil must have some kind of Sith powers), but I've never had another production fixed blade that I prefer to the Spyderco rendition.

Honorable mentions: Southfork (although I like the Smoke Creek design better, but again I'm comparing a Phil Wilson custom to a production knife, which is in no way fair to Spyderco) for pure utility and Serrata (which is my "beater" outdoors knife and just keeps on soaking up everything I throw at it).

If I could only keep one Spyderco, it would be the Manix 2 LW in s110v.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Police 3, followed by Pacific Salt in the summer.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

That is a tough question and I don't think I have a favorite but for the past couple of years I have carried my Cruwear Military more than any other knife I own so it must be one of my favorites.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Salts, all of them!

425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

ThePeacent wrote:Salts, all of them!

I'm new around here. Have seen this mod a few times, the zip ties around the spyder hole. I assume that is so you can open the knife while wearing gloves?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

More of a wave thing, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Para 2 or the Native 5 LW. Right now the Native has the edge.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Since 1996, the Military :D I carry a lot of different models, but the Military is very special to me.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

This is a hard question to answer because a 'favorite' could be determined by so many different things.
Of the Spydies that I own though, my favorite design that is the PPT Perrin sprint in all black. I fell in love with the design the second I saw it being re-released as a sprint. It has an incredible, unique, eye-appealing shape and look that I had to have. For me, it felt as good in hand as it looked and quickly made its way to being my favorite. I carried it a lot when I first got it, because there were still a few retailers with them available at MAP price, but that has since changed and I no longer carry it as much as I would like to.

In terms of favorite user/carry knife, I'd have to say Cat. Unfortunately, I have recently lost mine, but for me it was a perfect EDC because I wouldn't worry about whether or not its legal to carry in Boston (2.5" limit in Boston), it was small, light weight, easy to use, carried deep, had a nice sharp point, and is priced great!
-Nick :bug-red
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

It's more like a 5 way tie for my favorite, but if you put me on the spot, Zdp-DFly. ;)
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

It changes but for the last 6 months or so the Millie has been in top spot (specifically the Cruwear Millie). The pm2 has been working its way back into my pocket lately though.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Most carried and all around perfect for my needs would be the Military, but most appealing, F&F, ergonomics etc goes to the Slysz Bowie, what a gem that knife is.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."