Another Cruwear Manix 2 KW Exclusive?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Re: Another Cruwear Manix 2 KW Exclusive?

Post by DougC-3 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mr Danger wrote:Any idea approximately how long these exclusives are available? Have a birthday coming up in March and would like to try to hold out until then to spoil myself. I told my wife the "last knife" about 5 knives ago...
They're available until they're sold out. Unfortunately, there's no real way to know when that'll be. From what I've seen this is a fairly popular exclusive and if you really want one I think I'd buy it sooner rather than later. On the other hand, you never know, maybe it will still be around in March. I know...not much help! :)

I like the Manix 2 and I also like CF and Cruwear. So for me this is the one to buy. I recently came to the realization that I have way too many knives and I need to have a little self-control. So I've been trying my best to ignore this one in hopes it'll go away.
They're still not gone away -- that's probably an omen that you should go ahead and get one if you haven't already! I just did :D Should arrive in two days. I can't believe I almost let this one get away -- it's just what I've been wanting, and I almost overlooked it.

Does anybody know if they've been in stock continuously all year, or is this an extended run now? Maybe with the new factory addition, they have more ability to add to runs on short notice.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Sharp Guy

Re: Another Cruwear Manix 2 KW Exclusive?

Post by Sharp Guy »

DougC-3 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
Mr Danger wrote:Any idea approximately how long these exclusives are available? Have a birthday coming up in March and would like to try to hold out until then to spoil myself. I told my wife the "last knife" about 5 knives ago...
They're available until they're sold out. Unfortunately, there's no real way to know when that'll be. From what I've seen this is a fairly popular exclusive and if you really want one I think I'd buy it sooner rather than later. On the other hand, you never know, maybe it will still be around in March. I know...not much help! :)

I like the Manix 2 and I also like CF and Cruwear. So for me this is the one to buy. I recently came to the realization that I have way too many knives and I need to have a little self-control. So I've been trying my best to ignore this one in hopes it'll go away.
They're still not gone away -- that's probably an omen that you should go ahead and get one if you haven't already! I just did :D Should arrive in two days. I can't believe I almost let this one get away -- it's just what I've been wanting, and I almost overlooked it.

Does anybody know if they've been in stock continuously all year, or is this an extended run now? Maybe with the new factory addition, they have more ability to add to runs on short notice.
Haha! Yeah I still have this one in the back of my mind. Problem is I have been carrying smaller knives a lot lately. Other than occasionally carrying an M2 LW I'm not sure I'd carry this one much.

I don't know for certain but I'm pretty sure this one has been in stock at the dealer continuously since they started receiving them.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!