1st Time Catalog Receiver

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
nick800

1st Time Catalog Receiver

Post by nick800 »

I received my first Spyderco product catalog, and just wanted to say it is the best paper catalog I've ever seen. I commend the company for investing in this type of marketing material and the quality of it.
dplafoll

Re: 1st Time Catalog Receiver

Post by dplafoll »

Did you get the 2016 or 2017 catalog?
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
nick800

Post by nick800 »

sal

Post by sal »

Joyce's work. She really good.

sal
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

nick800 wrote:2016
Ok. Phew. The new catalog is imminent and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss mine somehow... :D
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
napalmfriday

Post by napalmfriday »

Indeed they do produce a fantastic product catalog! My wife gets awfully tired of me thumbing through it while I'm supposed to be focusing on a movie or television show. It just keeps drawing me in!
freebird610

Post by freebird610 »

How do I go about getting a catalog?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

freebird610 wrote:How do I go about getting a catalog?
Here is the link: https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/request.php
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Gadget

Post by Gadget »

Hi,

got my 2016 last week, my 2nd catalogue (many years ago) and I'm always impressed with them. There are not too many companies that go to the trouble and just say to look on their website. So thanks Joyce for your hard work, it is appreciated!

cheers, John
:spyder:
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

Awww thank you guys. :) 2017 catalog is in the final wrap up and it shouldn't be too long now. When it hits, let us know what you would like to see more of or differently? It exists for all of you!
Evil D

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

My biggest request with paper catalogs is to try to make the pics true to size when possible. If I could be certain that every model in the catalog was presented in true to size pics, my interest in a physical catalog would increase 100%.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Gadget

Re: Evil D

Post by Gadget »

Evil D wrote:My biggest request with paper catalogs is to try to make the pics true to size when possible. If I could be certain that every model in the catalog was presented in true to size pics, my interest in a physical catalog would increase 100%.
Yes, that's important........ I found that the photo of the Native 5 G10 is exactly the same scale as the real thing in the 2016 catalogue.
cheers, John
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

Gadget wrote:
Evil D wrote:My biggest request with paper catalogs is to try to make the pics true to size when possible. If I could be certain that every model in the catalog was presented in true to size pics, my interest in a physical catalog would increase 100%.
Yes, that's important........ I found that the photo of the Native 5 G10 is exactly the same scale as the real thing in the 2016 catalogue.
cheers, John
I don't remember for sure one way or the other for the main '16 catalog, but I do remember that the entire mid-year catalog is size-accurate except for the Sustain.
Patrick LaFollette
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Thank you so very much, Joyce, and all who put your efforts into providing us with the super catalog.

I carry mine with me almost everywhere I go, if possible.
SpyderWill

Post by SpyderWill »

dplafoll wrote:
Gadget wrote:
cheers, John
I don't remember for sure one way or the other for the main '16 catalog, but I do remember that the entire mid-year catalog is size-accurate except for the Sustain.

From the time I've spent in front of the 2016 catalog,the PM2, DF2, and Techno match perfectly with their pictures. The only one that I have noticed so far that is a bit different is the Mantra if I recall correctly. Although it's still very close. The scale photography is my favorite part of Spyderco's catalogs. It makes it easy to visualize and compare models.
SpyderEdgeForever

That is something, infact, one of the biggest things I also do appreciate about the 2016 catalog, is the realistic scale of the knives. You can measure how it would fit your hand directly from the picture, for example.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I remember exclaiming to myself out loud how amazing the production value of the catalog was last year, and this year it is easily twice as stunning! I've honestly never held a product catalog of such caliber. It's to the point I consider it a collector's item itself. Amazing work Joyce!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Skaaphaas

Post by Skaaphaas »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Thank you so very much, Joyce, and all who put your efforts into providing us with the super catalog.

I carry mine with me almost everywhere I go, if possible.
You EDC a catalog? That there is dedication!
SpyderEdgeForever

Yup. Sometimes it's one of the older catalogs, that has discontinued knives, such as the Spyderco Navaja.