Spyderco/flashlight match-up.....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
max808

Re: Spyderco/flashlight match-up.....

Post by max808 »

LBKSHB3 + TK25R
lbkhbs3tk25r001.jpg
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

cjk wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:48 pm
Very nice setup. Those scales and clip combination are awesome! Well done.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageOlder pic. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
vivi

Post by vivi »

The Fenix is usually a backpack carry while a Nitecore TIP2 is my EDC light. But on vacation I like to be prepared for the unexpected, so this is my carry after retrieving my checked luggage.

The nice thing about this light is no side switch. All controls via one button on the tail end. So much better IMO than fumbling around for the second switch for changing modes.

Also brought a Pacific Salt for when we visit some beaches.
:unicorn
cjk

Post by cjk »

JSumm wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:23 pm
cjk wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:48 pm
Very nice setup. Those scales and clip combination are awesome! Well done.
Thanks Jeff!
unified

Post by unified »

Caribbean + Zebralight SC64c LE. The light has been modifed, the original LED was removed, and another LED with the silicon dome removed was installed. Gives the light a more pleasant tint and increases throw marginally. I was very much into flashlights too, but these Zebralights are so perfect I don't need any more.
:bug-red Shaman #1 :bug-red
Big_Tex

Post by Big_Tex »

1778ECF0-5E65-4E69-81F9-E32AC77C6E17.jpeg
Cruwear Manix 2 and CWF Micro Click TAD Edition
Bryan
Atlanta, GA
IG @BryanCBailey

Current pocket rotation:
Z-Wear/Micarta Shaman
Magnacut Native 5 LW
k390 Endela

:bug-red : 73 Spydies in the collection
derangedhermit

Post by derangedhermit »

Right side knife/accessory pocket has a pocket knife clipped in, usually a (linerless) Pac Salt 2 with an Endura 4 FFG blade or a Stretch 2 XL. After trying various alternatives, I've settled on and am very happy with a Streamlight Wedge clipped in the left side knife/accessory pocket. It's USB-C rechargeable and rounded rectangle rather than round. My only gripe is that it is too bright in some situations and there is no way to dim it.

I wish someone would design a knife using the Wedge aluminum case / body. It's really solid and feels great in use.
Spicy Suplex

Post by Spicy Suplex »

Native for about a week now, and the PiMi is hard to kick out of the pocket. Actually posting today to let my spyder-friends know that Rey has some Titanium models in stock for the moment :cheap-sunglasses
cjk

Post by cjk »

One of the prettiest knives Spyderco has ever made IMHO.
With a raw Ti Reylight pineapple mini.
Spicy Suplex

Post by Spicy Suplex »

Fantastic pairing! Beautiful Chappy. Finally got my own Ti-Raw ordered, pretty excited, only had the aluminum models up until now.
cjk

Post by cjk »

Spicy Suplex wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:14 am
Fantastic pairing! Beautiful Chappy. Finally got my own Ti-Raw ordered, pretty excited, only had the aluminum models up until now.
Thanks! It's a super everyday light with "man jewelry" appeal. I'm eager to get a Ti-Raw smooth one. I hope he makes those again sometime soon. I actually just ordered a green aluminum one this morning because I really like the light and I like green. :cheap-sunglasses

Edited to add that I like your signature.
Spicy Suplex

Post by Spicy Suplex »

cjk wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:30 am
Spicy Suplex wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:14 am
Thanks! It's a super everyday light with "man jewelry" appeal. I'm eager to get a Ti-Raw smooth one. I hope he makes those again sometime soon. I actually just ordered a green aluminum one this morning because I really like the light and I like green. :cheap-sunglasses
Yeah I was slightly bummed to see the "smooth" version completely taken down, but here's to hoping we can both get one someday! That one is probably my favorite, reminds me of the flashlights of yesteryear.

I agree about the man jewelry appeal, and I very rarely need more light than one of these will give me with a Vapcell. Great moonlight, easy on the eyes, checks a lot of boxes for me.

Edit: Thanks for the sig compliment! Wanted to keep it short and to the point, and it says everything I need to say about my "wants and needs" for Spyderco models :rofl
cjk

Post by cjk »

max808

Post by max808 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:28 pm
max808 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:13 pm
Image Nitecore Tip and Tini.
Nice setup, color coded and everything. :)
Is that tini as reliable as the tip in your experience?
the Tini is great. I actually carry it more often than the Tip because it takes up less shirt pocket space (I usually carry the Tini and my Lynch Pry bar in my shirt pocket). And the digital runtime display is helpful. A lot easier to tell how much juice you have left than it is with the Tip.
Still loving my tip SS and it's reliability, they now make a tup with a 1,000 lumen which is very tempting. Same form factor as the tini but bigger, they even make one with 4 emitters and 4,000 lumen which is even chunkier but has less battery capacity than the tup. All share the same user interface. This level of output is quite insane for something you can put in any purse or pocket, especially considering only a decade ago high-end tactical flashlights were boasting 300 lumen on turbo mode.
:cheap-sunglasses
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

max808 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:19 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:28 pm
max808 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:13 pm
Image Nitecore Tip and Tini.
Nice setup, color coded and everything. :)
Is that tini as reliable as the tip in your experience?
the Tini is great. I actually carry it more often than the Tip because it takes up less shirt pocket space (I usually carry the Tini and my Lynch Pry bar in my shirt pocket). And the digital runtime display is helpful. A lot easier to tell how much juice you have left than it is with the Tip.
Still loving my tip SS and it's reliability, they now make a tup with a 1,000 lumen which is very tempting. Same form factor as the tini but bigger, they even make one with 4 emitters and 4,000 lumen which is even chunkier but has less battery capacity than the tup. All share the same user interface. This level of output is quite insane for something you can put in any purse or pocket, especially considering only a decade ago high-end tactical flashlights were boasting 300 lumen on turbo mode.
I have a TUP and the now T4K too. I keep the T4K on my nightstand next to my SIG. It's bright enough to be a defensive weapon itself. 4K lumens in short bursts, but 200 lumen for near 2 hours in a package the size of a D cell battery. I still EDC the Tini or Tip just for the size factor and ease of carry. They are plenty bright for EDC use.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
max808

Post by max808 »

I'm officially jealous now...

max808

Post by max808 »

My last Fenix has already brought much joy in my life.
lbkshb3tk25red003.jpg
tk25red003.jpg
max808

Post by max808 »

C77SORC106SBK2LBKS3HBTK25R001.jpg
cjk

Post by cjk »