Spyderco C81GPGY2 Paramilitary 2 CRU-WEAR

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bdblue

Re: Spyderco C81GPGY2 Paramilitary 2 CRU-WEAR

Post by bdblue »

Philo Beddoe wrote:
Flipping Addict wrote:But give me a cruwear Millie and I would be in.
A Cruwear Millie sprint was done about 3 years ago.
And they come up for sale frequently on the secondary market, at low prices.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Flipping Addict wrote:I don't know. May be done with PM2. Last two M4 sprints I got were both duds. Both were poor specimens with big issues. Afraid to take a chance again. And to top it off out of the blue my blurple s110 PM2 developed a terrible lock stick today. Tried everything to get rid of it, but major thumb numbing click to unlock now. Me and PM2's just aren't getting along.

But give me a cruwear Millie and I would be in.
We do have a Cruwear military, doesn't have the new CQI of the newest models but very nice nonetheless. Sorry to hear about the PM2 duds too, don't give up though, I've had a couple that weren't 100% perfect, made them heavy users.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Donut

Post by Donut »

farnorthdan wrote:
Flipping Addict wrote:I don't know. May be done with PM2. Last two M4 sprints I got were both duds. Both were poor specimens with big issues. Afraid to take a chance again. And to top it off out of the blue my blurple s110 PM2 developed a terrible lock stick today. Tried everything to get rid of it, but major thumb numbing click to unlock now. Me and PM2's just aren't getting along.

But give me a cruwear Millie and I would be in.
We do have a Cruwear military, doesn't have the new CQI of the newest models but very nice nonetheless. Sorry to hear about the PM2 duds too, don't give up though, I've had a couple that weren't 100% perfect, made them heavy users.
I had a Yojimbo 2 that the lock was a pain in the rear to unlock... Sent it in to warranty and it came back acceptable.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

This one has been asked for and wanted since the concept of a Cruwear run came up. It's nice to see it being realized now. I'll tell ya. I have a lot of respect for whoever does the scheduling of production. I'd imagine things could get pretty complicated.

Thank you Spyderco team. :) I'll be getting one. Maybe a Native next?

Joe
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Got one preordered. Been looking forward to this for a long time, and I'm more than happy to grab the third installation in CruWear. Absolutely love my CruWear Millie (The Manix is great too but I like the Military platform better), but overall I'm a little more partial to the PM2. It'll be more than a little interesting to have a completely apples to apples comparison between CruWear and M4. This has more than a fair chance of becoming my all time favourite Spyderco if my experiences with my CruWear Millie are any indication.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
elena86

Post by elena86 »

MY ALL TIME GRAIL !!! :cool: Come to papa ! I'll get at least two no matter what ! :spyder: Thank you Spyderco ! :cool:

Marius
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Glad I logged into the forums tonight, I just pre-ordered one. Thanks for the heads up.
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Well...Guess it's time for my 3rd Cruwear spydie! If KC can't fulfill my order this time, I'm going to be HEATED!
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
animportant

Post by animportant »

We are early in the pre-order, I think we will definitely get one. Maybe even some collectors clubs
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Yay!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

I love unexpected Spydie release announcements (especially PM2s) :)

I haven't tried Cruwear yet so I am definitely in for one. I'm also hoping for a little darker gray G10, but I'm guessing the darker gray will be reserved for the Maxamet PM2.
Humint

Post by Humint »

The Mastiff wrote:This one has been asked for and wanted since the concept of a Cruwear run came up. It's nice to see it being realized now. I'll tell ya. I have a lot of respect for whoever does the scheduling of production. I'd imagine things could get pretty complicated.

Thank you Spyderco team. :) I'll be getting one. Maybe a Native next?

Joe

I think a Cruwear Native with the Grey G10 and diamond pattern would be absolutely amazing!!!!
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

How does Cru-wear compare with M4?
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

jalcon wrote:How does Cru-wear compare with M4?
They're both tool steels with great toughness and wear resistance. Out f the two I prefer cruwear, I can get very aggressive edges with little effort compared to M4 and even though the steel is a carbon steel I have never had a problem with corrosion/staining.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I've found Cruwear easier to sharpen and more corrosion resistant, but edge retention might not be quite as good. I've been thrilled with my Manix2 Cruwear and will be ordering one of these.
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

I just submitted my preorder. Now let the anticipation begin!
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
They're both tool steels with great toughness and wear resistance. Out f the two I prefer cruwear, I can get very aggressive edges with little effort compared to M4 and even though the steel is a carbon steel I have never had a problem with corrosion/staining.
Agree. Cruwear is easier to get sticky sharp for me. However, I do find that M4 holds a very aggressive edge even after it starts to dull.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

The prospect of a CruWear PM2 excites me, but not a Knife Center pre-order. KC has burned me on a past pre-order. Once burned, twice shy. Any other online stores taking pre-orders. If not, why not?
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I don't see it up yet but GPKnives normally does Preorders.