just got pro-grip

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mike

just got pro-grip

Post by mike »

I just recently purchased a FRN pro-grip combo-edge, and I was wondering if anyone could share their opinions about this knife; is it as strong and robust as it appears to be? And, how does it compare to the FRN delica in regards to strenght and performance. Thanks.

Mike
midget

Post by midget »

I personally would prefer the delica.

I have a progrip as EDC right now. It is a tough knife in a sense, but IMO not anything more than a delica. The blade is thicker, the tip is stronger, but lockup is average.

IMO, I don't think the kraton clip grip is really any use either. I think if you bent down a metal clip on any other clipit line, combined with normal volcano grip, it should grip your pocket just fine. Granted, my progrip has never slipped off my pocket, but nor has any of my other clipits.

Just my opinion. It is still a decent knife.
dtsoll

Post by dtsoll »

Mike,
the progrip was my first spydie. I only own one other, the dragonfly. I like the progrip so far anyway. Seems to do anything I need to do. Cardboard boxes run like **** when they see me coming. have fun! dtsoll

"Cunning, Baffling, Powerful" Big Book pgs. 58-59
dzscubie

Post by dzscubie »

Mike,
I have carried a pro-grip for years and love it. Many don't like the kydex insert on the clip and say its to hard to pull the knife out of the pocket, but I use mine for when I'm riding my horse and I'v never lost it. I have had a Endura, Endura II and Bob Lum Tanto come out (did not lose them as I felt them drop) but I was nervous riding with them and didn't need the distraction. The pro-grip blade is great for trimming a cut hoof to. To me this knife is made for the active rider. Actually I have two now as Linda gave me another one with special engraving on the blade, she took my PRCA one and put it in the spydie collectors box.
Have fun with it, it's a great knife.

Shawn

Why jump from a perfectly good airplane? Because I can : )