Autonomy ?'s for civilian

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
ncvarmint

Autonomy ?'s for civilian

Post by ncvarmint »

I want to buy a autonomy just because, and was wondering am i screwed if it needs repair in the future? Also are there any online retailers that sell to civillians in NC?
Thanks
farnorthdan

Re: Autonomy ?'s for civilian

Post by farnorthdan »

You should have a problem ordering online, I ordered one when the dropped and shipped to AK with no problem. Why would you have a problem if repairs are needed, are you concerned about shipping back to Golden?
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
ncvarmint

Post by ncvarmint »

Yes, if i ever had a problem and it needed to go back to golden for repair or even sharpening. Since i'm not LE or military i thought they wont do it
Thanks
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

farnorthdan wrote:You shouldhave a problem ordering online, I ordered one when the dropped and shipped to AK with no problem. Why would you have a problem if repairs are needed, are you concerned about shipping back to Golden?
Just noticed typo I meant "shouldn't", you don't need to be LE to order one. The autonomy really is a great piece, a beast of a blade. I really do need to carry mine more now that I think about it.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

ncvarmint wrote:I want to buy a autonomy just because, and was wondering am i screwed if it needs repair in the future? Also are there any online retailers that sell to civillians in NC?
Thanks
There are online dealers who sell to civilians, but naming them on this forum may cause them problems with both Spyderco and the Feds.

As for service, yes, you'd be SOL if your Autonomy ever needed to go back to Golden and they cannot legally ship repair parts to you either. However, that's also true for any automatic knife not made in the same state you reside, in your case NC, since shipping an automatic to a civilian across state lines violates Federal law. The alternative is to find a local dealer to purchase from who would be willing to send the Autonomy back for you and receive it when repaired if it ever needed servicing. Purchasing locally may cost a bit more, but the peace of mind might be worth it. Also, given that the most likely repair needed on an Autonomy would probably involve replacing the cassette containing the coil spring, which you can do yourself, the dealer may be able to order the part for you.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!