Spyderco Paramilitary 52100 Carbon Fiber

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Re: Spyderco Paramilitary 52100 Carbon Fiber

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Slumblor wrote:http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Spyderco-C81CF52 ... SwozRZ2-SF

Seems to be available for 190 from White Mountain Knives on ebay, I have no experience with them.
I have no experience with White Mountain either. But the ebay coupon code PROMONYCC works on this one, making it $152 ish. Coupon expires tonight, I think. The sooner you guys buy this the sooner I won't.

:eek:
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I’ve ordered from White Mountain Knives before on Ebay, a South Fork some years ago at a bargain price, it was smooth sailing. Not sure how they are nowadays.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

I got my pre order in with Blade HQ last week, should be getting it soon if they are coming in stock. I need to resharpen my 52100 Military and put it back in my pocket. It gets so sharp with almost no effort, and I just throw a little mineral oil on it every so often and call it good. It is an excellent steel for those that like very sharp edges.
vernonremington

Post by vernonremington »

Saw it on GPKnives IG feed and snagged one. Very excited for this. I’m not even a big sprint run guy, just loved the combo of the steel, carbon fiber, and a black clip!
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

The pharmacy has a bunch.
chuck_nunface

Post by chuck_nunface »

www.newgraham.com has 10 ready to ship as of this posting.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

GP Knives is saying this isn’t a sprint. That’s it is actually an exclusive from H.L. Dalis.

Can someone confirm?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
chuck_nunface

Post by chuck_nunface »

Liquid Cobra wrote:GP Knives is saying this isn’t a sprint. That’s it is actually an exclusive from H.L. Dalis.

Can someone confirm?
From what I just read on their site, it's being called a Sprint.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

chuck_nunface wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:GP Knives is saying this isn’t a sprint. That’s it is actually an exclusive from H.L. Dalis.

Can someone confirm?
Yeah they contradict themselves on their own site. I don’t know what to believe. Can someone from Spyderco confirm?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
thewoodpecker

Post by thewoodpecker »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
chuck_nunface wrote:

Can someone confirm?
Yeah they contradict themselves on their own site. I don’t know what to believe. Can someone from Spyderco confirm?
According to the paperwork in the box it is an Exclusive from H.L. Dalis. GP probably just lists it as a Sprint so NKP who may be more familiar with the term Sprint understand the limited nature of the production.
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

thewoodpecker wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
chuck_nunface wrote:

Can someone confirm?
According to the paperwork in the box it is an Exclusive from H.L. Dalis. GP probably just lists it as a Sprint so NKP who may be more familiar with the term Sprint understand the limited nature of the production.
I was hoping someone would say what was in the paperwork. Thanks for doing that.

Their site should be more accurate though. There is a big difference between an exclusive and a sprint. My local shop might not get them if it’s an exclusive which means I shouldn’t wait and get one while I can. Grumble grumble...

@liquid_cobra
thewoodpecker

Post by thewoodpecker »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
thewoodpecker wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
chuck_nunface wrote:

Can someone confirm?
I was hoping someone would say what was in the paperwork. Thanks for doing that.

Their site should be more accurate though. There is a big difference between an exclusive and a sprint. My local shop might not get them if it’s an exclusive which means I shouldn’t wait and get one while I can. Grumble grumble...
Looks like it has been updated for more accuracy. https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-param ... 52100.html
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Mine is here in my hand. I like it.

So, I am new to all this. What is the difference between a Sprint and an Exclusive? I had thought these were just different words for the same thing.

And for that matter, this doesn't seem too "exclusive", a myriad of sellers are offering this (mine came from Knifecenter).
swigert

Post by swigert »

Tucson Tom wrote:Mine is here in my hand. I like it.

So, I am new to all this. What is the difference between a Sprint and an Exclusive? I had thought these were just different words for the same thing.

And for that matter, this doesn't seem too "exclusive", a myriad of sellers are offering this (mine came from Knifecenter).

Hi There,

There are a few different things...

Sprints - SPyderco produces and sells to the distributers and dealers...lots of dealers get the same limited edition knife. (The recent caly 3 hap40 is an example)
Distributer exclusive - a Distributor commissions a knife and sells to their network of stores that then sell the knife. (Brown s35v Para 2 is an example)
Dealer exclusive - A specific dealer commissions and sells a knife only on their site. (Bladehq has done several jade g10 M4 knives now)

does that help?
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

swigert wrote:
Sprints - SPyderco produces and sells to the distributers and dealers...lots of dealers get the same limited edition knife. (The recent caly 3 hap40 is an example)
Distributer exclusive - a Distributor commissions a knife and sells to their network of stores that then sell the knife. (Brown s35v Para 2 is an example)
Dealer exclusive - A specific dealer commissions and sells a knife only on their site. (Bladehq has done several jade g10 M4 knives now)

does that help?
It does !!

Sounds like this PM2 52100 is a distributor exclusive then and not a Sprint. I guess the next question would be whether the size of the runs is bigger for a Sprint or one of the exclusives. Maybe it varies from model to model? Some sprints are bigger or smaller than some exclusives? Or not?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Tucson Tom wrote:
swigert wrote:

does that help?
It does !!

Sounds like this PM2 52100 is a distributor exclusive then and not a Sprint. I guess the next question would be whether the size of the runs is bigger for a Sprint or one of the exclusives. Maybe it varies from model to model? Some sprints are bigger or smaller than some exclusives? Or not?
Typically either a sprint or exclusive run 1200 pieces. The other difference between a sprint and exclusives is that once the sprints are gone, they never return. Where the same exclusive can be commissioned again. For example, the bento box shop blue m390 has been made three times.

@liquid_cobra
swigert

Post by swigert »

Tucson Tom wrote:
swigert wrote:

does that help?
It does !!

Like liquid cobra said quantities vary. I didn’t touch on quantities.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Liquid Cobra wrote: Typically either a sprint or exclusive run 1200 pieces. The other difference between a sprint and exclusives is that once the sprints are gone, they never return. Where the same exclusive can be commissioned again. For example, the bento box shop blue m390 has been made three times.
Thanks for the education gentlemen!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Looks like #2 from BHQ pre-order has now shipped
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
illacky

Post by illacky »

Received this today. It is quite nice :D

-Ivan