HAP40 Manbug has dropped!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

HAP40 Manbug has dropped!

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi all, I'm seeing the HAP40 Manbug in Spyderco's New Knives section of their website. The last offering in this sprint steel and burnt orange FRN.

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=986

Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
farnorthdan

Re: HAP40 Manbug has dropped!

Post by farnorthdan »

New it was going to be soon, I'll be waiting until it hits the online vendors, the manbug is one of my favs.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Update: GPK has them in stock
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
BTG

Post by BTG »

Cool, I was wondering when they'd be along, was hoping it would be soon..next couple months could get expensive, with 3 N5's, 2millies, a M2 sprint, and the Nirvana still in the wings, I believe they're saving the best for last....Mid year catalog will present some new challenges to my wallet I'm sure....it's a sickness isn't it...lol
SG89

Post by SG89 »

BTG wrote:..it's a sickness isn't it...lol
Yes. Yes it is. :p
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Of course the new stuff is dropping...I just busted my gift card to the B&M on a Yojimbo. Nothing to jinx it like being impatient. I suppose the M4 PM2 from BHQ is dropping soon too?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I went ahead and grabbed a couple, I doubt it will kick my SB Manbug off its EDC throne but you never know, The HAP's are really starting to grow on me.

How about you Radioactive, you grabbing any of the Manbugs... :)
Last edited by farnorthdan on Mon May 23, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Oh wow. I was actually just wondering about this today. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
BTG wrote:..it's a sickness isn't it...lol
Yes. Yes it is. :p
Oh it's definitely a sickness and I have bad case of it!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
araneae

Post by araneae »

GPK is out, I am sorely missing my lost manbug and need one of these guys stat. Now begins the daily search of my usual dealers sites...
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
BTG

Post by BTG »

araneae wrote:GPK is out, I am sorely missing my lost manbug and need one of these guys stat. Now begins the daily search of my usual dealers sites...

Make sure to keep an eye on knifecenter then, I have 1 preordered and no notice yet, they tend to be a day behind the first landings.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

KnifeCenter is now showing in stock ;)

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

farnorthdan wrote:Update: GPK has them in stock
Unfortunately, GPK is back to that same old "you are forbiddent" error message. I called KW and they have no date for the knives. I looked at several other sites and nothing. KC has them as a pre-order.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Doc Dan wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Update: GPK has them in stock
Unfortunately, GPK is back to that same old "you are forbiddent" error message. I called KW and they have no date for the knives. I looked at several other sites and nothing. KC has them as a pre-order.
Knifecenter, they are showing in stock, at least they were a little bit ago

Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Yeah, on the main page it shows them but when I clicked on it to buy it said pre-order. Maybe they got a few and I missed out?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Doc Dan wrote:Yeah, on the main page it shows them but when I clicked on it to buy it said pre-order. Maybe they got a few and I missed out?
Bummer, yea they showed in stock earlier, hopefully the other vendors will be getting theirs soon, The Manbug is one of my favorites, such a great little cutter.

RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

farnorthdan wrote:I went ahead and grabbed a couple, I doubt it will kick my SB Manbug off its EDC throne but you never know, The HAP's are really starting to grow on me.

How about you Radioactive, you grabbing any of the Manbugs... :)
Hi Dan, absolutely, I love those little guys! I have developed a fondness for HAP40 (two Delicas, Dfly and Lbug; I'm not a Stretch or Endura kind of guy) and the burnt orange color too so the Manbug will be a definite addition. I carry a SB Manbug on my keychain but I'm not thinking its position there is in jeopardy.

As it's been said many times, it's a real shame that there will be no fully clad HAP40 Calys. I do hope the Moki factory under the guidance of the family's grandson can find enough resident skill set to get that model back into production.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

ARRRGGh! KW showed them in stock and then disappeared before I could order.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
araneae

Post by araneae »

Making the rounds on the web. No luck yet...
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

KW's .... in stock