Spyderco YouTube Reviews

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wavester

Spyderco YouTube Reviews

Post by Wavester »

Hello All,

Wanted to check with the mods if its OK to post YouTube Video Links to reviews of Spyderco knives I have done.

Who would be the proper person to write to?

JB
farnorthdan

Re: Spyderco YouTube Reviews

Post by farnorthdan »

As long as your not trying to B/S/T you are fine, lets see 'em...
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Wavester

Post by Wavester »

No, no intent to by sell sell or trade.

3 more questions if I may - how many posts would be allowed per day?
I also see there is a "Spyderco Fake" section here too - are reviews of
Spyderco Clones allowed to be posted? Are reviews of Non-Spyderco knives allowed?

Thanks for your time!

JB
farnorthdan wrote:As long as your not trying to B/S/T you are fine, lets see 'em...
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Wavester wrote:No, no intent to by sell sell or trade.

3 more questions if I may - how many posts would be allowed per day?
I also see there is a "Spyderco Fake" section here too - are reviews of
Spyderco Clones allowed to be posted? Are reviews of Non-Spyderco knives allowed?

Thanks for your time!

JB
farnorthdan wrote:As long as your not trying to B/S/T you are fine, lets see 'em...
No limit on post that I'm aware of, post until your fingers crap up :D

People post up clone comparisons often, there is also a thread around here somewhere that talks about knifes other than :spyder:'s, I think its called "what other knifes do you carry" or something like that.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Your YouTube page promotes fake Spydies, and other brand clones. I don't know how folks will respond to your posts.
Last edited by jtoler_9 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wavester

Post by Wavester »

jtoler_9 wrote:You're YouTube page promotes fake Spydies, and other brand clones. I don't know how folks will respond to your posts.
That is why I am asked permission. I can delete all the posts if it violates any rules.
Hopefully it was one of the mods that replied to me that said I could post my videos.
I have been collecting & buying Spyderco's for over 20 years, clones have only been the past
year.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

We pretty much self Mod around here, sometimes Taz jumps in but not very often, most of use our shiny footprints common sense. there is actually quite a bit of talk about fakes so I not sure how that matters much, Promoting fakes is obviously not using good judgement on the manufacturers forum.

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Yeah, you review and condone clones. Clone is a politically correct way of saying counterfeit. Counterfeiters are thieves. Correction, counterfeiters are worse than thieves. They erode brand identity among other things. I wouldn't post any reviews of them on here. Fakes are a touchy subject and are strongly frowned upon on this forum. Just a heads up. ;) We do have a thread for alerting the Spyderco crew of counterfeits but it isn't for reviews.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Yeah, you review and condone clones. Clone is a politically correct way of saying counterfeit. Counterfeiters are thieves. Correction, counterfeiters are worse than thieves. They erode brand identity among other things. I wouldn't post any reviews of them on here. Fakes are a touchy subject and are strongly frowned upon on this forum. Just a heads up. ;) We do have a thread for alerting the Spyderco crew of counterfeits but it isn't for reviews.
Well said Darby!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Like Dan said, this forum is sort of self policing. I am not trying to be the police myself here I just want to make sure you don't get off on the wrong foot. There are a few moderators but they don't step in too often. Usually not unless things get way out of control.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
swigert

Post by swigert »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Yeah, you review and condone clones. Clone is a politically correct way of saying counterfeit. Counterfeiters are thieves. Correction, counterfeiters are worse than thieves. They erode brand identity among other things. I wouldn't post any reviews of them on here. Fakes are a touchy subject and are strongly frowned upon on this forum. Just a heads up. ;) We do have a thread for alerting the Spyderco crew of counterfeits but it isn't for reviews.

Agreed. Well said.

If you condone counterfeits it will not go over well.
Wavester

Post by Wavester »

Prior to seeing these replies, I posted a review comparing the real versus the fake Techno. I want it to be used here to help others avoid getting a fake Techno. That will be the only clone video I post here. If the mods feel it should be removed they may remove it or if they wish me to remove it I will do so wholeheartedly.
sal

Post by sal »

thanx guys. well put.

sal
bearfacedkiller

It isn't up to me but as long as you are not condoning fakes you should be fine. That subforum is for educational purposes as well as for alerting the Spydercrew.

The comparison threads/videos are a double edged sword. On one hand they help consumers avoid fakes. On the other hand they help the counterfeiters make better fakes.
-Darby
swigert

Post by swigert »

bearfacedkiller wrote:It isn't up to me but as long as you are not condoning fakes you should be fine. That subforum is for educational purposes as well as for alerting the Spydercrew.

The comparison threads/videos are a double edged sword. On one hand they help consumers avoid fakes. On the other hand they help the counterfeiters make better fakes.

Right on again. Nothing should ever help them get better. And to spend money on them is supporting them.

I think time is much better spent helping people to only buy from legit dealers.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

We don't need any of these on our forum
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Hi wavester, as you've probably noticed, counterfeits are a bit of a hot topic around here. :) A lot of us hang out here not only because we love the comraderie and the products, but also because we have developed a pretty deep respect for the folks behind the company. If you hang out here a bit, I promise it won't take you long at all to understand why. Here's the thing with the counterfeits. They are a real detriment to the livelihood of this small company which many of us hold up as a nearly perfect model of how to run a business on the principles of honesty and integrity. Spyderco actually ran on hard times a decade or so ago and was nearly driven out of business by the proliferation of fakes and counterfeits. For those reasons you will be unlikely to find much tolerance shown towards the fakes.

Believe it or not though, I didn't respond to this thread to give a sermon. :rolleyes: I actually responded to thank you for approaching this subject with tact, consideration and respect. Common sense and respect are always very welcome traits around here and you seem to have plenty of both. Welcome to the forum! Hope you hang around awhile to learn and contribute :)
Last edited by Surfingringo on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wavester

Post by Wavester »

Thank you so much for your reply - all of you. :-)
Surfingringo wrote:Hi wavester, as you've probably noticed, counterfeits are a bit of a hot topic around here. :) A lot of us hang out here not only because we love the comradrie and the products, but also because we have developed a pretty deep respect for the folks behind the company. If you hang out here a bit, I promise it won't take you long at all to understand why. Here's the thing with the counterfeits. They are a real detriment to the livelihood of this small company which many of us hold up as a nearly perfect model of how to run a business on the principles of honesty and integrity. Spyderco actually ran on hard times a decade or so ago and was nearly driven out of business by the proliferation of fakes and counterfeits. For those reasons you will be unlikely to find much tolerance shown towards the fakes.

Believe it or not though, I didn't respond to this thread to give a sermon. :rolleyes: I actually responded to thank you for approaching this subject with tact, consideration and respect. Common sense and respect are always very welcome traits around here and you seem to have plenty of both. Welcome to the forum! Hope you hang around awhile to learn and contribute :)
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

p.s. Haha, and as far as me "welcoming you to the forum". I just noticed you joined in 2009. My bad. Maybe I should have said welcome back. :)
Wavester

Post by Wavester »

Lol good stuff :-). None the less it's nice to be welcomed.
Surfingringo wrote:p.s. Haha, and as far as me "welcoming you to the forum". I just noticed you joined in 2009. My bad. Maybe I should have said welcome back. :)