Various fake Spyderco knives on eBay

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
desertrobot

Various fake Spyderco knives on eBay

Post by desertrobot »

I was going through eBay and was pretty surprised at how many fake Spydercos people are nonchalantly selling as real ones. Particularly FRN scale Spydercos which are the easiest to tell apart. For anyone wondering, here's a graphic I made:

Those aren't the only differences but are the easiest to spot in a picture. Of course, this only applies to FRN handle Spydercos, others will be more difficult to tell apart.
farnorthdan

Re: Various fake Spyderco knives on eBay

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum desertrobot, and you are 100% correct, one must be very careful buying off the bay, I've done it but not very often and mostly rarer/older pieces that were not as popular to fake. Mostly though I try to buy form known/trusted vendors.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
ssunfish

Re: Various fake Spyderco knives on eBay

Post by ssunfish »

Hey!! Thanks a lot! I am really grateful! I just won two auctions last weekend and got two Endura4 with Wave in Blue and orange. I paid less than standard ones in black! Now I thought they might be fakes or clones bec the packaging had non bubble wrap bags and the font was different for "Seki City, Japan" between both of them. Also the colors were lame, kinda cheapie looking. Then my brother bought a PM2 in 110V last night at Grommet's in Moreno Valley, California and it had non bubblewrap bag.
Checked this forum bec I want to learn about sprint runs and how to get ahead of the sold out signs. Then when I checked this forum I saw the fakes and clones part and checked this post. It had everything I needed to determine they are fake! Thanks so much! If you count the number of squares close to the clip attachment in the corner a real spyderco has less squares and the clones have a lot of squares there. It's measurably different!
Thanks for providing information to a total rube and noob!