Spyderchef size??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surfingringo

Spyderchef size??

Post by Surfingringo »

Does anyone who was at the Amsterdam meet remember the size of the Spyderchef? I am assuming over a 4" blade? I am very excited about this knife and the fact that they are doing it in lc200n is a huge plus in my book. I will likely buy two of these. One for the kitchen and one that I would regrind into a folding fillet knife for my kayak fishing. I've already been playing with drawings! :cool:
Brock O Lee

Re: Spyderchef size??

Post by Brock O Lee »

I am also pleasantly surprised by word of the LC200n Spyderchef. I hope it's a 3.5 incher or more.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Bump to the top. Nobody else at the meet got a good look at this knife? Even a guesstimate on blade length would be welcome.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Some photos of a custom Spydechef proto were posted on this forum back in 2013. I wonder if the Spydechef still looks like the photos below or if there is a new and different prototype.
xceptnl wrote:I am reposting this here after many searches to find an older thread with this content or discussions. This was posted last night by a member on USN.

All I can say is WOW! I am excited about this becoming a possible production or sprint!

Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

senorsquare wrote:Some photos of a custom Spydechef proto were posted on this forum back in 2013. I wonder if the Spydechef still looks like the photos below or if there is a new and different prototype.
I think Demoncase said in his thread that the prototype looked pretty much the same as that one.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

That ball-mill groove at the top of the scales looks like it would make a very comfortable pinch grip.

I'd love to have it just as an EDC knife, it's beautiful.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I'm interested in estimated specs as well.

Didn't know it would be that large, but for food prep this would be great, and a big reason, *ahem excuse, for me to go big and purchase something out of my "normal" range. :)

I'm also intrigued that ever since hearing of this knife I've commonly seen it spelled both with and without the "r", as in "Spydechef", and "Spyderchef".
Going back to Caly.
npad69

Post by npad69 »

i hope spyderco makes a more affordable frn/g10 version of this
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Hi Lance...
Thanks to the local polish knife collector I had a chance to hold in hand a prototype of the Spyderco Spyderchief prototype :)))
Nicely finished and well designed… and quite big!
I have a big hands.

And Military in my hand...

.. a must have for me!
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Wow, that is quite large. Very nice in any event.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Thanks for the info Tap! That's just what I wanted to see. Looks to me like it is over 4" like I was hoping, which makes sense given its intended use.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Wow....this is a MUST have Spydie for me....
Art_vandeley

Post by Art_vandeley »

Amazing. I remember seeing the pictures a couple of years ago and I am still in awe. This is something I really need.
DigDug72

Post by DigDug72 »

Wow, this looks amazing. Any rumors as to production status???
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

This is awesome. I love the blade shape and the size.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Well, that does it. There IS something about Marcin Slysz' aesthetic that really appeals to me. And LC200n, too. I'm in.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
LC Kid

Finally the Chef!!

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

These are great news indeed! :)

And just wondering: giving the time (years) that this one have been in the queue, maybe we'll be lucky enough to have it on the shelves this year. :D
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

@tap78; Thanks for the pictures. This one is sailing up as must have. Our hands look to be about the same size so this looks promising. Should make a nice compliment to my Technos and Bowie :D
PiterM

Post by PiterM »

Hi guys! The pics of a custom chief are mine... very very comfortable knife! Should be great camp / travel utilitg folder. Can't wait to slide one into my pocket :)
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I know these aren't going to be cheap but I hope I can afford 2. I need one for the kitchen and one to regrind into a folding boat/fillet knife!!