Desire for C07 Police Sprints?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Able Dog

Desire for C07 Police Sprints?

Post by Able Dog »

I've been looking at older variations of the Police C07 lately. There have been some really interesting Police models in the past, whether it is the TiCN coated C07BK, the linerless G10 and ATS-55 C07, or any of the carbon fiber, aluminum, or titanium handled versions.

There recently (couple of months ago) was a thread about a ZDP Police 3, and it was a very worthwhile discussion.

But is there any desire for a classic Police Sprint?

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
Polecat

Re: Desire for C07 Police Sprints?

Post by Polecat »

I wish they would. I would like to see the older original blade profile, as that is what makes it a "police" in my eyes. I hate the current blade. Give me a little bit bigger spydie hole. Heck make one in FRN, with different colors.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

This thread kind of reminds me of the custom POLICE models that Yellowhorse and Santa Fe both did>> those were some really nice looking POLICE models to be sure.

But with all that aside I would love to see a Sprint Run of the POLICE model with a Micarta handle/scales and one of the Supersteels for blade material.

Also bringing back the POLICE model with a Titanium handle would be cool as well.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Old school Police serrated is the most iconic Spyderco model and I love it.I wish they release a sprint run with titanium handle and a tougher steel.I agree with Polecat .
SharpCdn

Post by SharpCdn »

Yes.

There is definitely interest here!
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

elena86 wrote:Old school Police serrated is the most iconic Spyderco model and I love it.I wish they release a sprint run with titanium handle and a tougher steel.I agree with Polecat .
Ya know, this is something I hadn't considered very much. But if I think about it, the most frequently used Spyderco in TV and movies tends to be the C07 POLICE. At least that is the impression I get from all of the Spyderco Sightings threads.

The POLICE certainly deserves a good sprint run I think. It has been a good while since the last one that I know of, and it truly is an iconic model.

So what blade and handle materials sound good to people? Personally, I'd be fine with a variety of handle materials be they Micarta, G10, carbon fiber, Aluminum, or Titanium. Any material that reduces the weight would be a plus I suppose.

There are a lot of Japanese steels that Spyderco hasn't ever used before, as well as the usual suspects such as ZDP-189, Superblue, and now HAP40. Some of the steels we haven't seen before include YXR7, SLD, SKD-11, SRS-15, Cowry X, DAP 580, or GIN-3. Some of these steels are pretty extreme however.

How does Burnt Orange G10 and HAP40 sound?

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I'm always happy to see knives people love get the sprint treatment. I don't know hat there is much interest here though judging from the lack of replies.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Mabye not. But a Superblue Police would be real interesting.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Doc Dan wrote:Mabye not. But a Superblue Police would be real interesting.
Absolutely!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Able Dog wrote:
Ya know, this is something I hadn't considered very much. But if I think about it, the most frequently used Spyderco in TV and movies tends to be the C07 POLICE.
Well, it is also the largest and scariest looking of the early Spydies, I'm sure that had something to do with why it got so much play on screen.