What "others" are in the mail?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Post by MacLaren »

But, on much happier note, this tip was just fine 😎
Busse HellRazor II
vivi

Post by vivi »

:cheap-sunglasses

this one and the spartan should both be here today or tomorrow.
:unicorn
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Naperville wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:31 pm

It was an order. This is apparently the last one they only had one blank. Liked the full tang, grip, and profile.

Attn2DetailMercantile

Medium Bowie, $575
10" OAL
5" Blade
S35VN Steel with black DLC Finish
Handles are Caveman TextureBlack G10 with a OD G10 Liner
Comes with a custom fit kydex sheath.

All of our products are hand crafted for people with discerning taste that appreciate attention to detail. We use quality material and expert craftsmanship to ensure we deliver a rugged sophistication. From form to function, we select every aspect of our products personally. All parts are made, assembled, and hand finished here in the USA.

Attention to Detail Mercantile is Veteran owned and operated. Doug and Stacia have a combined total of over 30 years in the United States Marine Corps and Army. Doug served 10 years in the Marine Corps Infantry. Stacia served six enlisted years in the Marine Corps Air Wing and 17 commissioned years in Army Intelligence.
I never received this knife. I've only been ripped off once in dealing with the purchase or sale of a knife and THIS IS THE GUY.

STAY AWAY FROM HIM.

He promised to deliver the knife but instead took my $295 deposit.

Using a web interface I ordered a knife with Attn2DetailMerchantile, "Order Number: 10335; Order Date: Dec 27, 2022; Paid with Square: $295.00." I called and spoke with Doug, the shop owner and he said they had the knife blades in stock and it needed to be sent out to be hardened....a standard process for all knife blades that are to be sold. After the sale they did not contact me for 5+ months, then many months later dared me over the phone to remit the rest of the funds. I never received the knife and no longer want it. I want the $295 in funds reversed and that is totally fair. He has never contacted me to return my funds or deliver the knife.

EMAIL
Mon, Apr 24, 7:30 PM
subject: Are you still in business?

Attn2Detail Mercantile

Order Nunber: 10335
Order Date: Dec 27, 2022
Paid with Square: $295.00

Last thing that I heard from you was "We’ll let you know when your items have been shipped."

It has been 5 months. What's up?

Sincerely

EMAIL
Apr 25, 2023, 6:50 AM
Hi Thomas, Did you get my phone message?

EMAIL
Apr 25, 2023, 12:11 PM
Attn2Detail,

No sir, I did not receive any message.

My number here is xxxxxx. I'll do the best that I can to carry the phone with me all day so as not to miss your call.

You can always reach out to me via email at: xxxxx

Thank you

PHONE CALL:
Between April 25th and May 9th of 2023, I called and spoke to the bladesmith Doug at Attn2Detail and he said he had not put handles on the knife, the knife was sitting there. He said that he had handles available. HE ALSO SAID THAT IF I DID NOT WANT THE KNIFE THAT I COULD GET A FULL REFUND.

It seemed like he was making a "dare" in the call when he said, "remit the rest and we will ship the knife to you," when that was not the agreement that we had initially. Initially he said to pay half up front and they would deliver the knife. He has never contacted me with regard to delivery of the knife at any time, and no knife has been delivered.

He never contacted me after the last email and phone call to him regarding the knife. He did not reverse the $295 in charges after I cancelled the knife and never delivered the knife. I should NOT be stuck with the $295 charge but I was! He must have sold the knife to someone else by now.

I tried to get CapitalOne to reverse the charge for $295, but because it was older than 60 days from the time the payment was made they refuse to do anything about it.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Cgw1984

Post by Cgw1984 »

Got 5 shirogorovs in the mail (3 f3ns, my favorite, a hati and an f95) a microtech msi, and an ad20.5. Gonna be a good month
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

Dude, that sucks.
--Jeremy
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

Took Vivi’s advice and ordered a Cold Steel SRK. For a few dollars more I got the full size in SK5 steel. Only $38. Love that handle with rubber grips.
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
vivi

Post by vivi »

RugerNurse wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:43 pm
Took Vivi’s advice and ordered a Cold Steel SRK. For a few dollars more I got the full size in SK5 steel. Only $38. Love that handle with rubber grips.
They're great knives for the price. SK5 performs a lot like 1095. Quick and easy to sharpen and tough enough for any camp duties.

I've got another 4 Max on the way. It's been my most carried knife so far this year.

Also got some new folding saws and a filet knife en route.
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

vivi wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:00 pm
RugerNurse wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:43 pm
They're great knives for the price. SK5 performs a lot like 1095. Quick and easy to sharpen and tough enough for any camp duties.

I've got another 4 Max on the way. It's been my most carried knife so far this year.

Also got some new folding saws and a filet knife en route.
which filet knife?
vivi

Post by vivi »

https://www.chicagoknifeworks.com/cold- ... -6-fillet/

I know the handle works well for me and it came with a sheath.

I haven't fished frequently since I was a kid. Slowly piecing together a kit, and gonna take the kid out to our local lake this spring.
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

vivi wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:38 pm
https://www.chicagoknifeworks.com/cold- ... -6-fillet/

I know the handle works well for me and it came with a sheath.

I haven't fished frequently since I was a kid. Slowly piecing together a kit, and gonna take the kid out to our local lake this spring.
Good on ya. Potentially great quality time spent. Action is key if the kids are really young as attention span comes into play the younger they are. Even better if the fish they catch are tasty so they can enjoy it twice. :winking-tongue Many a future fisherman has gotten hooked on fishing by keeping it simple by starting with bluegills on a bobber and worms. Good luck!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Welp, I finally got a Shiro!!
I was perusing EKnives & noticed their selection of Shirogorov knives.
I went with the Ursus Quantum in Blue G10 - it has the MRBS - I almost went with an Ursus Quantum NL w/Orange G10 Inlays with the SRBS -
I dunno, just really liked the Blue G10 version
The SRBS may be a hair smoother, not sure.
But, probably not enough to matter.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:24 pm
I went with the Ursus Quantum in Blue G10 - it has the MRBS - I almost went with an Ursus Quantum NL w/Orange G10 Inlays with the SRBS -
New Thread Time!!!! Can't wait to see it.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:06 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:24 pm
New Thread Time!!!! Can't wait to see it.
U know it 😎
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

I’m soooo stoked!! I’ve got a Chaves 229 Tanto with the kick stop flipper coming from Blade HQ! They have a killer sale going on them right now. I’ve never had a mid level premium knife before. The fanciest knives I own are my Chef and Techno 2. They’re both incredibly nice and well finished but I don’t think they’re quite in that league are they? The one thing that does kind of bug me though is that they’re Chinese. I know they’re done by Reate which is supposed to be incredible but it’s still just there in the back of my head kinda bugging me a little.
I was thinking of going for a CRK but they just seem so bland to me. I’m sure they’re extremely nice but I’ve also seen reviews saying the newer ones aren’t near as nicely done as they used to be.
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

You've got to get a CRK in hand, to really understand. It's a feel kind of thing. Nothing about these seem done wrong! I've bought and sold A LOT of knives during my time here, I've only sold 1 CRK and that was to a member here that was itching to try one for himself. I believe he still has it! These babies aren't going anywhere :cheap-sunglasses

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

Those are definitely nice. I’d I did ever get one it would be a large sebenzo inkosi or the umnumzaan. Those are definitely the two that catch my eye the most. I’ve seen a lot of people say the Chaves have amazing feel as well. Very smooth actions and lock up super tight. Plus that kick stop they started using seems amazing. I really really don’t like thumb studs. I prefer my Spydie hole or flippers. Or even a notch like some of the Demkos. They are definitely nice though there’s no denying that.
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

For me the framelock is at it's best use on the SpydieChef.

PXL_20240115_052651750.MPsm.jpg

I am mostly a mid lockback guy. YMMV.

Edited to add Non-Spyderco content-- not in the mail, but on the new end of things...

PXL_20240115_053705309.MPsm.jpg
SchoonerBum

Post by SchoonerBum »

I finally found a second Benchmade Nimravus. I picked one up a year ago when they were on closeout and it’s become one of my favorites ever. It just fits my hand incredibly well. I finally found a second one at Fradon Safe & Lock - my first time buying from them and they sure were nice folks!
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:07 pm
You've got to get a CRK in hand, to really understand. It's a feel kind of thing. Nothing about these seem done wrong! I've bought and sold A LOT of knives during my time here, I've only sold 1 CRK and that was to a member here that was itching to try one for himself. I believe he still has it! These babies aren't going anywhere :cheap-sunglasses

I'm definitely finding myself in your words. I knew everything to expect from a CRK. But when I got my first one in hand I was surprised to have an urge to immediately cut with it.

I have a Spyderco Hungarian I would not dare to carry or cut with and give it micro scratches (because it happens on ALL my knives lol), but when I bought a Large 31 w/ micarta inlay in Magnacut, I had no trouble immediately carrying and sharpening the knife. Cost me more than 4 times the price I paid for the Hungarian. These knives are a kid's dream. Once you get one in hand you better have something suitable to cut around, or you'll start acting like an 8 years old with a box of matches :squinting-tongue

I recently got a Small 31 Macassar Ebony and Magnacut. I love my PJ Small 21 and wanted to try the "new" one to see if it was thinner BTE. I can't tell it is, or at least not by much. However, the vertical play in locked position is really annoying, my Large 31 isn't like that at all. A bit annoying, but does not constitute any real issue.

It is late here, so no good pictures to take, but here it is, on top, as it should be !

PS : you own the 2 other models that are on my list : An Umnumzaan and an Insingo Large Inkosi !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hmm. that's interesting about the vertical play. I've never checked mine for it, now I'm probably NOT going to because I don't want to think of a flaw in any of those knives haha!

I know the Zaan has a cult like following, but If I'm being honest with myself, I like the Large Inkosi with the Insingo blade best of the bunch. It's actually my favorite non Spyderco knife that I own. It's so incredibly smooth, absolutely LOVE the sound of the lock up, ergos are fantastic (like a Manix, but thinner handle) You get so much cutting edge as well. I know our buddy Jeff has one that he seems to carry often and loves it as well, maybe he can chime in with some other factors that he loves about his.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick