Starting over?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Re: Starting over?

Post by DougC-3 »

Mad Mac wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:That is not a pic of a native5. ;) :cool:
Gosh. I wonder what I bought. The picture on Amazon is a Native Pink C41PN but the heading is Spyderco Native5 Plain Edge Pink Folding Knife with 2.95" Blade. Further down though the description says pink folding knife with a black FRN handle.

However, on RedsGear which is the actual seller, they have the same C41PN photo but list it as a C41PPN5 which looks like this.

My guess is the C41PN picture is wrong and that I will receive the C41PPN5. Whichever one I get, I'm keeping it unless it has a black handle. However, I am partial to discontinued models, a hollow grind and big swedges so I will be happier if it is the C41PN.
This is so typical of Amazon. A few years back, I was going to buy my first spydie from them, but there was no way to tell what blade steel the Manix 2 would have. It was listed as 154CM, but most of the reviews and comments said they had received S30V, so rather than gamble, I bought elsewhere.

What really bugs me is that they have no concept of or desire for correctness in weights and measurements. They may say a two ounce item weight 5 pounds and has a shipping weight of 0.5 oz. And they pretend that they want you to tell them what they've got wrong, but they won't let you actually do it. :mad: Sorry, I've been needing to get that off my chest for years :p
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Re: Starting over?

Post by Mad Mac »

In defense of Amazon, they only put up what the seller provides. In this case, the seller was RedsGear and they had the wrong photograph on their website as well. So if I had bought directly from RedsGear to begin with I would have had the same problem. Fortunately it is sharp-eyed members of this forum like bearfacedkiller that help keep me squared away.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.