SHOT Show 2016 Videos

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Johnnie1801

Re: SHOT Show 2016 Videos

Post by Johnnie1801 »

https://youtu.be/EUaA0xkygws
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

jimmyjohnjohn wrote:I have zero practical use for the Mamba except to whip that sucker out and enjoy watching people's reaction to it. Definitely going to get one.
Good or bad reactions?
- best wishes, Jazz.
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

Jazz wrote:
jimmyjohnjohn wrote:I have zero practical use for the Mamba except to whip that sucker out and enjoy watching people's reaction to it. Definitely going to get one.
Good or bad reactions?
It's Texas :)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

ATR!!! It looks amazing. Precisely like Sal had described it. Is it just me or did Eric give off the impression that it will be standard production?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
swigert

Post by swigert »

Liquid Cobra wrote:ATR!!! It looks amazing. Precisely like Sal had described it. Is it just me or did Eric give off the impression that it will be standard production?
I didn't take that away but it's just me. Would be cool if it is.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Where o where is the Nirvana...

At this point i have past crazyness in a few new levels.
Spyderco please break silence about this knife a simple update would do... Even a they are not ready but coming soon is good enough for me. But this silence is making me well... i love spyderco but this is making me feel a few things , and happyness is not one of them.

I know i am not the only person asking this...
Because this knife is just to expensive to let everyone in the dark about it. At the amsterdam meet last year you said in person to me that it would normally come out in december but now januari is on its last leggs and not a word has bin said about it again... Sal we need a bombshell before youre fans will be exploding them selfves from questionmadness ....
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

apollo wrote:Where o where is the Nirvana...

At this point i have past crazyness in a few new levels.
Spyderco please break silence about this knife a simple update would do... Even a they are not ready but coming soon is good enough for me. But this silence is making me well... i love spyderco but this is making me feel a few things , and happyness is not one of them.

I know i am not the only person asking this...
Because this knife is just to expensive to let everyone in the dark about it. At the amsterdam meet last year you said in person to me that it would normally come out in december but now januari is on its last leggs and not a word has bin said about it again... Sal we need a bombshell before youre fans will be exploding them selfves from questionmadness ....
Knifenews.com wrote:Spyderco doesn’t expect the Nirvana to ship until this summer at the earliest, but the Peter Rassenti-designed knife is a remarkable example of Spyderco’s engineering and manufacturing capabilities. The handle is machined from a single piece of titanium, and feels slim and sturdy in hand.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

"Godfathers of Spyderco" could not be more true. That was only a couple hundred years worth of knife making experience represented at one table. They look like a bunch of pocket knife mafia with their badass black shirts on lol. I love how Sal is just sitting back watching his minions do his bidding.

I'm pretty excited about the ATR, definitely going to check that out. S30V coming from Seki is exciting, but honestly it wouldn't really bother me if this one was VG10 either, or ZDP, or Superblue..lol

I want to like the Positron so much but that plunge line is still bugging me.

I like how the GB2 and the Sprig both have thinner blade/edge grinds. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Knives have been overbuilt and overly thick for far too long.

The Lil' Lum was interesting. I like that it's Dfly size, but that clip..holy cow that clip is way too big for that knife.

Love the Mantras, will most likely own one of them real soon, probably the 2.

The Mamba...wow, what a monster of a knife. Totally not my style, but the blade coating is very interesting. I wonder if that's something we'll see more of?

And the Szabohawk...I would like to see that brought out with a more traditional hatchet style blade. I don't own a quality hatchet, but I could get a lot of use out of something like that if it had a more wood-chopper style blade.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Wow, I'm really liking the ATR! Glad to see they kept the cobra hood, handle holes, and original blade grind. Keeping what identifies it as an ATR, but giving G-10 traction and a more user friendly pocket clip. I'll be getting one for sure!
:bug-red-white
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

gbelleh wrote:Wow, I'm really liking the ATR! Glad to see they kept the cobra hood, handle holes, and original blade grind. Keeping what identifies it as an ATR, but giving G-10 traction and a more user friendly pocket clip. I'll be getting one for sure!
Yup. Looks like they nailed this one. The only way they could have improved it is if it was a Taichung or golden knife. Top of my list.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Good to see the ATR coming back!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
swigert

Post by swigert »

I wand around and into Spyderco for the first ATR. Does it need to be held and used to see the brilliance?

Video and pics aren't selling me.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

swigert wrote:I wand around and into Spyderco for the first ATR. Does it need to be held and used to see the brilliance?

Video and pics aren't selling me.
Similar ergos to a Para 2 or maybe a Superleaf, the original was kind of epic because of the Ti frame compression lock. The cobra hood is usually a love it or hate it ordeal. I like it for variety, and it does enhance blade deployment and thumb comfort.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Out of the three big pieces, Tighe Stick, Mamba and ATR, I definitely like the ATR the best, that thing is a beast. I think I will hold out for that one.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
v8r

Post by v8r »

I'm down for the sprint run Rock Salt. I have kicked myself for not getting the original. Not to mention a handle with color this time!
BTG

Post by BTG »

Add the new version of the rubicon and the ATR to the already lengthy list....sage 5 looks good except for wire clip...got the Mantra and Positron...just can't warm to those clips...Hopefully the Shaman stays stamped like the PM2.
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

swigert wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:ATR!!! It looks amazing. Precisely like Sal had described it. Is it just me or did Eric give off the impression that it will be standard production?
I didn't take that away but it's just me. Would be cool if it is.
Please Spyderco make the ATR a regular production model. It should be popular enough for production and then future sprints in cool steels and handle materials!
MechEng_5

Post by MechEng_5 »

I also agree with you guys on the Sage 5. The Sage 1 was my first Spyderco and I fell in love with the brand after that. I like the shape of the blade and the size of the knife overall. Seeing the 5 really makes me want to complete a Sage collection. My only issue is I am not a fan of the Sage 4. Something about the split wood titanium just is not for me.
darr3n

Post by darr3n »

An even closer look at some of the new models, including the Nirvana:

swigert

Post by swigert »

Small Vollaton. Interesting.