Fake Stretch 2 G10 ZDP-189

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
tap78

Fake Stretch 2 G10 ZDP-189

Post by tap78 »

Be aware!
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Stretch- ... 79124.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
TheOutdoorNerd

Re: Fake Stretch 2 G10 ZDP-189

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

What's funny is that the product description says Super Blue.
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx much Tap,

Seems like these phony's are new industry.

sal
pauledst

Post by pauledst »

I cruise the online knife world sporadically to see what is changing. The Aliexpress site seems to be putting up a huge number of "replicas" because they couldn't be making a profit at those prices on real Spydercos. The retail market in the US seems to be getting hit with replicas in boxes that are primarily black with red lettering unlike any I've seen from reputable dealers in the US. I've decided to only buy from those I trust. My closest dealers is about 60 miles......
TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

Wouldn't the fakes have a different weight? Everyone agonizes over how to spot the fakes, but it seems like all you need to do is weigh your sample on an accurate scale. My guess is that the fakes almost universally weigh more, and that the real ones are pretty darn consistent in their weight. Same probably applies to it in box with the bubble wrap. What are the odds the fake weighs the same down to the bubble wrap and the box?

With an accurate enough scale you could even detect a fake / wrong / missing label on the box.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I just saw a few of these fake Stretch 2's show up on ebay currently. There are people bidding on these, too!
Same seller has a fake Domino with orange scale as well.

First time I've ever attempted to "report" any listing on ebay, but not sure how effective that will be.
Going back to Caly.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I've seen them also, I cant imagine anyone who knows anything about :spyder:'s would think it possible to buy one at the low BIN prices they have listed. You know the old saying, if something seems to good to be true it usually is. I do agree though that unsuspecting folks do need to be warned.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Stretc ... SwGotWnUru" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not even close!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

That clip.... eeeeeesh!

Apparently my reports of several items that seller had listed had absolutely no effect on their ability to sell these counterfeits.

I figured the seller would at least be notified by ebay to revise the listing titles and description, but absolutely no change, and all the items sold. Now new ones and even more are listed!? Very disappointing.

Amazingly their feedback is 100%. But they'll probably get some negatives by about 50 or so, then just abandon that username and start over.
Hate to wonder how many of the buyers of this sellers knives believe they truly got a Spyderco, then will have issues or breakage, and proceed to blindly smear Spyderco as a brand due to their fake experience. Gets me all fired up inside to think about...
Going back to Caly.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I just sent the seller this:

"Dear cellphonecaseplus_32,

Spyderco Stretch knives aren't made in China. What does OEM China in your
listing mean? Is this a genuine Spyderco Stretch made in Japan?
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Great name. Cell phone cases are another commonly counterfeited product. Otterbox is another Colorado company fighting a losing battle against these thieves. I bet that seller is selling fake cell phone cases too.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Already the name of the seller should cause potential buyers to walk away..
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.