Damaged my Delica 4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Lotus

Damaged my Delica 4

Post by Lotus »

Just got a Delica 4 black. I dropped it on my tile floor and looks like tip is bent. Can I send it in to Spyderco to get fixed? Love this knife I gave one to both my brothers and Father for Xmas. Thanks.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Damaged my Delica 4

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Spyderco customer service would be a better place to ask. Have you called them?

Here is my take. Unfortunately dropping your knife is not covered under warranty. You could try to bend it back but it is possible that it will snap off. Depending on how bent it is it may even be certain. If that happens you can regrind the spine to bring the tip back. I think that if you send it in they will do the same thing but charge you for it. That is your call. Welcome to the forum if I haven't said it yet. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Lotus

Post by Lotus »

Thanks a lot..yeah I'll call them after Xmas. I'll send it in if I can looks like the tip is a little flattened when I look under magnifying glass. I'd like to get a couple more black clips too to put on other knives. Want to put a black clip on my Para Mil 2.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

How badly is it bent? Pics?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Lotus

Post by Lotus »

Looks like just the tip is smashed down. Glad it didn't land on my foot. No playing with knives before first cup of coffee...
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

Sorry posted in wrong thread. :)
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Character marking; use the heck out of it! I did this to an older one and ground the tip down from the spine, works fine and I know it's mine :)
Lotus

Post by Lotus »

toxophilus wrote:Character marking; use the heck out of it! I did this to an older one and ground the tip down from the spine, works fine and I know it's mine :)
Amen