Upcoming 2016 Pre Orders at KC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spydesense

Re: Upcoming 2016 Pre Orders at KC

Post by Spydesense »

Do you pay in advance, or when they arrive and ship out? I'm assuming when they ship...?
adam569

Post by adam569 »

I'm so happy there will be a g10 s110v n5 I hope a g10 s110v manix is released to. I've carried the s110v para since it's release along with my orange dfly. I can't wait for that native.
Recent purchases: orange dragonfly 2, CS exclusive paramilitary2, black g10 large chinese lum :spyder:
Wish list: Manix 2 cruwear, navaja, SB delica and SB Caly 3.5 :spyder:
Top 3 edc : s110v paramilitary2 , orange vg10 dragonfly, and Cruwear military :spyder:
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Surfingringo wrote:
Blerv wrote:I just noticed the Salt Snap-it's. Pretty cool if those are really coming :)
Super cool and I will obviously need more than one! :rolleyes: I am definitely curious about how they will be positioning the carabiner though. I LOVE the idea but the old design with the carabiner next to the exposed blade does nothing for me.
Yea, I'm sure it's easier to put together w/o steel than the Remote Release but that model seemed a bit more charming.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Spydesense wrote:Do you pay in advance, or when they arrive and ship out? I'm assuming when they ship...?
Yea preorders don't usually charge before they ship them to you. Typically the only ones they charge a deposit for are exclusives (like Knifeworks) as they are essentially pre-selling them.

In my experience though it's a system best for people who would rather click and forget about it. That way you get a surprise email saying it's in route (or you don't if they sell more than they get; ie sprints). Since most of us are bored enough to constantly hunt the internet, IMHO, it's best to wait and pounce.

Places like New Graham Knives will also let you "notify me when this is available". I prefer that a bit more as it's not quite as locked-down for the consumer.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Blerv wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:
Blerv wrote:I just noticed the Salt Snap-it's. Pretty cool if those are really coming :)
Super cool and I will obviously need more than one! :rolleyes: I am definitely curious about how they will be positioning the carabiner though. I LOVE the idea but the old design with the carabiner next to the exposed blade does nothing for me.
Yea, I'm sure it's easier to put together w/o steel than the Remote Release but that model seemed a bit more charming.

You lost me with that. w/o steel?? :confused:
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Looking at my Snap It, if you built it with screws it would be super easy to make the carabiner swappable to either side. There's a symmetric hole on the other end.

Still, I like the clip where it is now. I didn't like the Remote Release nearly as much,
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Surfingringo wrote:
Blerv wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:

Blake is talking about that new top secret steel from Spyderco that doesn't even need to be on the knife itself in order to function. It is completely rust-proof, shatter-proof, and is harder than diamonds and costs about as much too. :p :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

SpyderNut wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:
Blerv wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:

Blake is talking about that new top secret steel from Spyderco that doesn't even need to be on the knife itself in order to function. It is completely rust-proof, shatter-proof, and is harder than diamonds and costs about as much too. :p :D
Gotta get me some of that........!! :eek:
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

;) lol
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

No Shaman, kind of disappointment.
But two nice natives will do the trick for me. Have to save $600. I have to see pictures of 40th Anniversary Native. Hopefully Wouter will post pictures after Amsterdam meet.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
swigert

Post by swigert »

bh49 wrote:No Shaman, kind of disappointment.
But two nice natives will do the trick for me. Have to save $600. I have to see pictures of 40th Anniversary Native. Hopefully Wouter will post pictures after Amsterdam meet.

IU bet we will see most of these in the new catalog
BTG

Post by BTG »

adam569 wrote:I'm so happy there will be a g10 s110v n5 I hope a g10 s110v manix is released to. I've carried the s110v para since it's release along with my orange dfly. I can't wait for that native.

Yes, KC also has pre-order Manix 2 dark blue s110v 137.50....at the 2016 max discount of 40%
And a composite carbon fiber M2 sprint for pre-order...229$ or there about...I forgot...kinda pricey...but a CF M2 Sprint.....sign me up!!
devine1

Post by devine1 »

$360 for 40th Anniversary Native?
PM1

Post by PM1 »

Surfingringo wrote: I got to handle the Introvert at the Blade show this year. One my favorite designs in the prototype display. It is kind of like a folding Swick. The knife opens as a flipper or normally using the opening hole. My prediction is this will be an epic design that struggles to catch on because it is a bit outside the norm. We shall see.
It is funny you should mention the Swick, since I just ordered one from Spyderco HQ along with the 2015 Forum S90V Maroon Native. They should be arriving tomorrow! :D

As far as your prediction about the potential popularity (or lack thereof) for The Introvert, you may be right. I believe, however, that Spyderco would do themselves a significant favor (in terms of sales) if they put a sexy steel in it. According to Knife Center, it will be made in Japan. If this is true, the default steel would be VG10. As good as VG10 is, I think a lot more steel junkies would jump onto The Introvert bandwagon if something more exotic was chosen. I think I'll start a thread on this and get some forum input on what would be the Spyderholics steel of choice. Perhaps Spyderco might want to consider this before they go into production. With an MSRP of $314.95 and a street price of $188.97, I think an exotic steel should already be priced-in.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

PM1 wrote:
Surfingringo wrote: I got to handle the Introvert at the Blade show this year. One my favorite designs in the prototype display. It is kind of like a folding Swick. The knife opens as a flipper or normally using the opening hole. My prediction is this will be an epic design that struggles to catch on because it is a bit outside the norm. We shall see.
It is funny you should mention the Swick, since I just ordered one from Spyderco HQ along with the 2015 Forum S90V Maroon Native. They should be arriving tomorrow! :D

As far as your prediction about the potential popularity (or lack thereof) for The Introvert, you may be right. I believe, however, that Spyderco would do themselves a significant favor (in terms of sales) if they put a sexy steel in it. According to Knife Center, it will be made in Japan. If this is true, the default steel would be VG10. As good as VG10 is, I think a lot more steel junkies would jump onto The Introvert bandwagon if something more exotic was chosen. I think I'll start a thread on this and get some forum input on what would be the Spyderholics steel of choice. Perhaps Spyderco might want to consider this before they go into production. With an MSRP of $314.95 and a street price of $188.97, I think an exotic steel should already be priced-in.

That's a compromise.
How many potential consumers do you think would then complain that the Introvert is "too expensive" because it's coming with an unnecessary super steel"?
Or, "why would they put _____ steel in it, that's the wrong super steel for me...". It's always something.

If it is the introduction of a fresh new design I think they generally (not always) go with a bread-and-butter steel just to see how the design itself is accepted. If it proves popular and likeable/sellable, then maybe we can hope to see a more expensive Sprint with more exotic steel to please those who mesh with the design.

That said, yeah what the heck, just crank out a version in VG10 Laminated Super Blue and sign me up! :D
Going back to Caly.
TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

Not being on the official forums very long, it hadn't dawned on me that the 2015 Forum Native was still available directly from Spyderco.

So, imagine my happiness when I found it available with the coupon code and ordered one.

Thanks, PM1, for mentioning it! 108 bucks shipped I think is a bargain for this Native.
swigert

Post by swigert »

TheOutdoorNerd wrote:Not being on the official forums very long, it hadn't dawned on me that the 2015 Forum Native was still available directly from Spyderco.

So, imagine my happiness when I found it available with the coupon code and ordered one.

Thanks, PM1, for mentioning it! 108 bucks shipped I think is a bargain for this Native.
It's an amazing knife for the money.
PM1

Post by PM1 »

TheOutdoorNerd wrote:Not being on the official forums very long, it hadn't dawned on me that the 2015 Forum Native was still available directly from Spyderco.

No problem at all TheOutdoorNerd! :D

Last week I saw a picture of a Swick on one of the other threads and realized that "I need one"! Since the Swick only ships direct from Spyderco, I was asking myself if there was something else that was only Spyderco direct that might pad my order enough to get free shipping. As I contemplated, a memory of the awesome S90V Native 2015 Forum knife popped into my head. I thought: "Surely there are none of those left, right?" I checked and BAM! There it was: still available. So, tomorrow will be a good Spydie-times-two day for me. :cool:

Perhaps a few other newer forum members will also step-up, support the forum and get themselves that sweet 2015 :spyder: Forum knife too. The 40% discount code is FORUM2015 and you can use it at checkout.
TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

I saw one up on flea bay the other day and it had like 5 bids on it, so I didn't even figure to check the forums for the forum knife lol.

Now I already want the second one we're allowed to buy. One to carry and one to keep. Seems like if I ever change my mind and need the money, these aren't going to go down in value. Must. Resist. 2nd. One.

They are marketing geniuses with all the sprint runs, but they're also giving good value with the exotic steels and such. It's like we are saying "here, twist my arm" and they are saying "OK, done." :)
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Missed out on the Rock Salt the first time. May have to try and snag one this time around! Hope the HAP40 D'fly is released soon. Really interested in that.