The sooner the PM3 gets here...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

The sooner the PM3 gets here...

Post by twinboysdad »

the sooner I can start acquiring sprints in a size I can EDC!! Where the heck is this PM3 and who do I have to date to get one? It. Is. Time.
farnorthdan

Re: The sooner the PM3 gets here...

Post by farnorthdan »

I don't know if I can afford to collect another series, I'd sure like to see one though, I'll bet it will a pretty sweet blade.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
MattinLA

Post by MattinLA »

I plan on getting a few. How about some blurple s110v to start off with? I also hope the spydie hole is the same size as the PM2
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I hope this smaller sized PM will be a regular item. I hope the first one is the S110V with the royal blue scales.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I don't mind what steel/handle combination or configuration we initially get with the "PM3." All I know is that I could surely use one right about now in my life. In truth, I've been on a quest lately to find a narrow Spydie in the 6" 6.5" OAL range. A PM2 is way too large, but I'm hoping the "PM3" will be perfect for my needs. (Heck, the Jess Horn would be ideal, but I don't really want to spend six hundred on a LNIB model that I intend to EDC. :p )

Besides, I'd wager if the "PM3" is even half as successful as the first two variations, it will eventually have many Sprints featuring many different steel types, handle materials, etc.... :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

Wouldn't a 3 inch bladed PM3 be very similar to a Native 5?

What am I missing?
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

aquaman67 wrote:Wouldn't a 3 inch bladed PM3 be very similar to a Native 5?

What am I missing?
The compression lock ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

MattinLA wrote:I also hope the spydie hole is the same size as the PM2

X2 - heavily agree
Going back to Caly.
endgame

Post by endgame »

Another project **** I dont have that long
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

aquaman67 wrote:Wouldn't a 3 inch bladed PM3 be very similar to a Native 5?

What am I missing?
Aside from handle shape, ergonomics, blade shape and lock? :D
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

The PM3 is going to have the Native 5 size ?
If so, I'm gonna interest about those PM3 !
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Didn't know there was going to be a "3". Did Sal or Eric say so?
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

David Lowry wrote:Didn't know there was going to be a "3". Did Sal or Eric say so?
I think I recall seeing a proto at Blade Show. Nice knife but the Sage 5 with compression lock is the one that has me excited. Same steel, same lock, same size, but much better ergos in my book.
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

senorsquare wrote:
David Lowry wrote:Didn't know there was going to be a "3". Did Sal or Eric say so?
I think I recall seeing a proto at Blade Show. Nice knife but the Sage 5 with compression lock is the one that has me excited. Same steel, same lock, same size, but much better ergos in my book.
PM3 sounds interesting, but I really like the sound of the Sage 5 with compression lock! :D
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

PM3???
A smaller Para would probably be right up my alley....I've tried the PM2 a couple times and ended up selling both times...still think its a great blade though...
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

A 3" Sage with compression lock might kick the D4 out of my dressy pants. I love the compression lock, but I need a slim, lightweight folder in dress slacks.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Then we can get the PM 4 with a 4" blade. I'm all for bigger knives with comp locks. The szabo is nice but it's not ffg.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

From what I've read it seems like the design is planned for production (scaled down Para Military), but the PM3 designation is made up by the forum...

I think we should start some wild speculation on the name ;) How 'bout the 'Lil Para? no?, Quasi Military?, Vigilante?

Whatever it ends up being called it'll be a cool knife!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

awa54 wrote:
From what I've read it seems like the design is planned for production (scaled down Para Military), but the PM3 designation is made up by the forum...

I think we should start some wild speculation on the name ;) How 'bout the 'Lil Para? no?, Quasi Military?, Vigilante?

Whatever it ends up being called it'll be a cool knife!

I actually recall it being nearly the opposite... not long after the announcement of it being a possibility, the forum members already began throwing out wild names for this newest rendition. Then, it may have been Sal himself, who I read as calling it just "PM3". Possibly others who attended Amsterdam and/or Blade and saw a proto.
Try searching for a slightly older thread discussing the smaller Paramilitary...

Either way, excitement abounds! :D
Going back to Caly.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I personally like PM3 or Lil Para but the rest of the suggestions were excessive to me. Calling it "Militia" or whatever takes away from what it is, a smaller PM2