Gayle Bradley discontinued

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Popsickle

Gayle Bradley discontinued

Post by Popsickle »

Seems the GB1 is now discontinued on the Spyderco product page.
DutchBlades

Re: Gayle Bradley discontinued

Post by DutchBlades »

I'm glad I got one, but it's a shame to see them go...
Guess The GB2 will be popping up soon though!
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Had to happen with the GB2 on the cards.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Yeah, I was tipped off to this the other day in another thread. I decided to get one while they are still in vendor's inventories. It should be arriving to my mailbox this afternoon.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Spydersense wrote:Yeah, I was tipped off to this the other day in another thread. I decided to get one while they are still in vendor's inventories. It should be arriving to my mailbox this afternoon.
What do you think of it? I love mine. Anxiously awaiting the sequel.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

ABX2011 wrote:
Spydersense wrote:Yeah, I was tipped off to this the other day in another thread. I decided to get one while they are still in vendor's inventories. It should be arriving to my mailbox this afternoon.
What do you think of it? I love mine. Anxiously awaiting the sequel.
It seems great so far. The fit and finish are on par with any Taichung Spydie I've seen to date. It feels great in hand, and the lock has a nice crisp snap to it. Locks up at about 50%

Last edited by Spydersense on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
41Mag

Post by 41Mag »

GB1.....is NOW officially a classic! Love that knife!! :)
adam569

Post by adam569 »

Cs had them marked discontinued around a month ago and on sale. I love mine
Recent purchases: orange dragonfly 2, CS exclusive paramilitary2, black g10 large chinese lum :spyder:
Wish list: Manix 2 cruwear, navaja, SB delica and SB Caly 3.5 :spyder:
Top 3 edc : s110v paramilitary2 , orange vg10 dragonfly, and Cruwear military :spyder:
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

This will be one of those pieces that everyone will want a few years from now and sell for a nice premium on the secondary.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:This will be one of those pieces that everyone will want a few years from now and sell for a nice premium on the secondary.
Agreed. :( It's sad how this happens...
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:This will be one of those pieces that everyone will want a few years from now and sell for a nice premium on the secondary.
Agreed. :( It's sad how this happens...

it is. I think just after the Shabaria was discontinued it was still for sale for quite some time after..... now you can't find them at all. It will take some time for that to happen though.

I welcome the GB 2 with such high anticipation! I think it's all around just going to be flat out a better knife. I hope the liners aren't made too much thinner as one of the biggest allures for me on the GB was the thicker handle. I have 2 on pre-order so we shall see how nice it is :)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I have a GB 2 on pre-order also, I also have a GB1 and love it. I'm seriously thinking about picking up another GB1 though to tuck away in the safe for a back up or maybe as a flip.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Photogenic knife too:
The M4 can patina'd really rather nicely too- here's mine after I forced it with ferric chloride and lemon juice:
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
tap78

Post by tap78 »

I'm glad that I got mine ;)

ImageImage

A piece of art...
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

From the photos I've seen, the GB2 liners look a bit thinner but do not have a lockbar cutout.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

ABX2011 wrote:From the photos I've seen, the GB2 liners look a bit thinner but do not have a lockbar cutout.
I'm just ready for it to come out already. I have 2 on pre - order and it looks to be an absolute winner if its even remotely close to the original. Seems to just be more refined :)
tap78

Post by tap78 »

It depends what are You looking for... I had a preorder for GB2, but after thinking about pro's and cons of updated model I came to conclusion that all refinements made in GB2 makes it not as unique as the original GB (finger choil, thick and heavy hand-filling handle with lowered ending, lineyard hole, blade to handle ratio) All that is gone in newer model according to GB2 prototype pictures...

Edit: GB2 (213 mm) vs. GB (203 mm)

I hope this can help somebody to make a decision ;)
Last edited by tap78 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Might get the GB2, but the GB will keep getting it's pocket time! :D

A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

tap78 wrote:I hope this can help somebody to make a decision ;)
Thanks for that comparo. The GB2 is more refined. Perhaps it loses some of the original's quirkiness. I agree, I like the unique design of the original while the sequel is not as bold. The blade on the GB2 looks a little pointier and I'll probably prefer that. The more gradual thumb ramp looks better. I will definitely buy the GB2.

Hey Sal, how about a casual bombshell on the GB2! You know, like you're carrying a production sample and it's totally awesome!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The GB2 has a smaller hole? Hmmm... I like big holes.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?