Deep-Pocket Carry Clip for Delica-4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
this_is_nascar

Deep-Pocket Carry Clip for Delica-4

Post by this_is_nascar »

Apparently, I can't search for the term "clip" or "Delica", so I'm posting my question on this new thread. I have a new Delica-4 FFG coming my way and would like to install a deep-carry pocket clip on it. If at all possible, I'd like the "wire-type" clip that's found on several of the Spyderco offerings. If that's not available, something as least intrusive as possible would be nice.

What would you recommend and where would I purchase said product? Thanks in advance.
elena86

Re: Deep-Pocket Carry Clip for Delica-4

Post by elena86 »

Just today my deep carry pocket clip(not wire) arrived from Casey Lynch, USA.I highly recommend.It's sand washed and looks great on my gray FFG Delica.
palonej

Post by palonej »

I got a couple of awesome titanium deep carry clips for my PM2s off eBay......I think it was gnobe?????
They are extremely cool!!
Will check the name when I get home.
Tons of different designs also!
swigert

Post by swigert »

I've never seen a wire clip. Casey lynch clips are the way to go in my opinion.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Thanks all. I ordered what Casey is selling over at BF. What's the general consensus here as it relates to the OEM vs Aftermarket clip on the Delica? Which do you folks prefer?
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

I don't think there are wire Clips for the Delica.But this i think is prety nice.
Attachments
delica.JPG
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

That looks similar to one I ordered off of e-Bay the other night. I should have it in a few days. I'll post pics once I get it.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

You could always make yourself one. I came up with this design, it's about as deep as you can get.

this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Looks good, but a bit too deep for me.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

this_is_nascar wrote:Looks good, but a bit too deep for me.
It was pretty dang deep, but still pretty easy to draw. The shape of the clip gave plenty to grab onto.

swigert

Post by swigert »

Lynch Clips are just as well made as the factory clips imho.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Evil D wrote:
this_is_nascar wrote:Looks good, but a bit too deep for me.
It was pretty dang deep, but still pretty easy to draw. The shape of the clip gave plenty to grab onto.

Great job Evil D
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

swigert wrote:Lynch Clips are just as well made as the factory clips imho.
Better IMHO. Plus they come with their own Spyderhole! Casey is a great guy and a highly talented craftsman. I am sure Sal's recent decision that Spyderco would not market their own deep carry clips was to specifically keep folks just like Casey in business.

Speaking of which, in a recent conversation with STR, he told me he's done making clips since nobody's buying his anymore. Anyone have a Millie or a Southard, Steve Rice makes the best Ti deep carry clips for them, but maybe not for long :(.

My Lynch versus stock pocket clip pic (with Native 5's). Cheers, Radioactive :)

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Wanimator

Post by Wanimator »

I prefer Pop's Custom Clips.
swigert

Post by swigert »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Better IMHO. Plus they come with their own Spyderhole! Casey is a great guy and a highly talented craftsman. I am sure Sal's recent decision that Spyderco would not market their own deep carry clips was to specifically keep folks just like Casey in business.

Speaking of which, in a recent conversation with STR, he told me he's done making clips since nobody's buying his anymore. Anyone have a Millie or a Southard, Steve Rice makes the best Ti deep carry clips for them, but maybe not for long :(.

Casey is local to me. Always great to meet in person to grab some clips.
RadioactiveSpyder

This is certainly meant in a highly respectful way and with shiny footprints, but I have tried dozens of clips from all the makers selling on eBay over the years (including the major ones now), but none of them come close to both Lynch's and STR's quality. Be they thick, flimsy, sharp, don't work right, badly painted or just wrong (like how one seller blatantly copies Lynch's model), MY experience is that these two sell better quality items befitting my awesome Spydies (and man do I have a lot of aftermarket clips!). My two cents only (please!) not looking to start any kind of heated discussion about clip sellers :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

this_is_nascar wrote:That looks similar to one I ordered off of e-Bay the other night. I should have it in a few days. I'll post pics once I get it.
That's the one.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:

I really like that one on the left. I may have to get one too. Is it long enough to rest on the smoother part of the Delica grip?
RadioactiveSpyder

this_is_nascar wrote:I really like that one on the left. I may have to get one too. Is it long enough to rest on the smoother part of the Delica grip?
Hi, no not that one but Casey does sell a long version specifically to hit that sweet spot (the escutcheon). I took a few pics of my D4's with Lynch clips. The two FRN ones have his long clips (both anodized to match :)), and the G10 and Ti ones have his short clips. The Ti one also shows his standard finish (the Native 5 clip was polished to a high shine by me). It bugged me for a minute that the clips didn't all line up in this pic, until I realized the clip position is different on the Ti version. Casey goes by "theoriginalspaceman" on BF and his thread has lots more pics and his contact info for ordering. Hope that helps! Cheers, Radioactive :)

this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Thanks. They look awesome.