how should I/ how often should i sharpen my endura 4

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
jackgehrig

how should I/ how often should i sharpen my endura 4

Post by jackgehrig »

ao i just bought a brand new Endura 4. the knife is half straight edge and half serrated. This is my first spyderco and my first high end pocket knife to begin with. I am familiar with Spyderco's though because my older brother has owned several. I have the smiths poacketpal sharpener that has a rod, ceramic sharpener, and carbide sharpener. I would just like to know whats the best way to keep it sharp and which parts of the sharpener i should use the most. i have heard carbide should be used sparingly because it can tear up the blade. I have carried the knife with me everyday since I have bought it and plan to except when I attend school, on the plane etc. I will be using the knife for everyday use but nothing crazy or heavy duty. Also how often sharpen the knife if I am using it lightly basically everyday?

Thanks

jack
JAfromMN

Re: how should I/ how often should i sharpen my endura 4

Post by JAfromMN »

Use the rod on the serrated edge and the ceramic on the plane edge.

Sharpen as needed.

I use my spyderco at work often and I sharpen it up once or twice a week
JAfromMN

Re: how should I/ how often should i sharpen my endura 4

Post by JAfromMN »

Save up for a Sharpmaker .

It's way way way better/easier