Favorite ( or best IYO ) fixed blade.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BTG

Re: Favorite ( or best IYO ) fixed blade.

Post by BTG »

Nate wrote:
BTG wrote:however... I think I'll pick up a temperance 2 leather sheath for my mule, I know it will be a little deep for the mules blade length, but was reading here that they will work together, so I think I'll give it a shot...
I missed that, would like to hear how it works out. I keep putting off getting a kydex sheath (keep a mule in the knife block at home) b/c I don't have scales glued on either of mine and haven't settled on what scales it should fit. If the size works, the leather could potentially accomodate different scale shapes, at least well-enough. I have one set each of flat and contoured scales from Halpern, but am also interested in making some scales.
MacLaren.. Was referring to it in a conversation , Temperance2 leather sheath, it's on page 2 here now...stated he was surprised, it fit ok....I have one of the wood Halpren scales, and some G10 blocks I'm kinda putzing around with...they'll probably go on mule 20.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Thanks, found it.
:spyder:
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

I have an Aqua Salt, Rock Salt, Forager and Serrata. Of those, I like the Serrata a lot. The Rock Salt's nice too, but I think the Serrata makes for a better all round knife design.

Street Beat and Jumpmaster are pretty high on my wish list too. And the Temp 2. And and and...
Brummie

Post by Brummie »

If you are interested in the Southfork, but the lack of a leather sheath is the only issue, buy this - http://www.dlttrading.com/upland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It will fit it.
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

I will preface this by saying I do not get the opportunity to carry fixed blades very often but when I do...have found the mule to be a very good option for all around use. The temperance 2 and street beat have been on my wish list for a very long time but I could never justify it.