Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
James Y

Re: Is this a REAL Spyderco

Post by James Y »

RustyIron wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:23 am
James Y wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:53 am

It's a Victorinox Soldier SAK.
Thanks. Even though their propmaster has poor taste and uses substandard knives, it's a pretty good show. I've found it better to turn on subtitles because the actors are native speakers of a language I can barely understand.

As ladybug93 said, Victorinox knives are NOT substandard. I don't buy no substandard knives! 🙂

After Spyderco, the most knives I own from any other company are made by Victorinox. They don't use 'supersteels', but they are excellent, have the most consistent QC of any knife manufacturer (considering the number of knives they produce per day), and have proven their usefulness over a long span of time.

Jim
HolySteel

Re: Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Post by HolySteel »

2022 - Uncharted w/Mark Wahlberg. Not sure what model it is, but will rewind later and update this post. Looked similar to a 'Stretch'.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

From The Martian. When Matt Damon is slicing up his Mars potatoes. Looks Spyderco-ish. Maybe not. I don't recognize it. Handle is too puffy.
Attachments
IMG_8467.JPG
IMG_8466.JPG
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
benja-man

Post by benja-man »

I'd say that's a Victorinox Hunter Pro:
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

While watching "Rampage" for the Nth time, I suddenly noticed the bandolier of grenades Dwayne Johnson pulled out of the humvee has a Spyderco Euroedge clipped to it above the grenades. Don't know how I missed it before.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

benja-man wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:12 am
D'oh!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

yablanowitz wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:59 am
While watching "Rampage" for the Nth time, I suddenly noticed the bandolier of grenades Dwayne Johnson pulled out of the humvee has a Spyderco Euroedge clipped to it above the grenades. Don't know how I missed it before.
I had to look it up.
It's quite ironic how a knife model designed to reflect and appreciate European knife culture and traditions of the craft, would probably get you arrested in most European countries today.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

benja-man wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:12 am
It is.

Had this knife myself - well made, with a really nice wooden handle, but also a pretty bad blade geometry for cutting.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Not really sure what this little gem is in the new Woody Woodpecker movie on Netflix but it’s got to be one of Sal’s designs!

Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
James Y

Post by James Y »

Dazen wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:09 pm
Not really sure what this little gem is in the new Woody Woodpecker movie on Netflix but it’s got to be one of Sal’s designs!

That actually looks like a Victorinox Soldier with different handle scales. Or a Chinese knockoff of a Vic Soldier. You can even see the Phillips screwdriver on the back of the knife.

Jim
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Looks like an AI rendered movie ! :rofl
Nothing seems real in this, isn't it a simple 3D rendering of a folding knife someone (or something) made on his computer ?
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
James Y

Post by James Y »

Ramonade wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:02 pm
Looks like an AI rendered movie ! :rofl
Nothing seems real in this, isn't it a simple 3D rendering of a folding knife someone (or something) made on his computer ?

Yes, but look at the general design, then Google the current Victorinox Soldier SAK. Except for the “scales,” it is virtually identical. So even if it is a 3D rendering, it is based on a real knife design, either a Victorinox Soldier, or some Chinese knockoff.

Jim
Danke

Post by Danke »

Didn't see this one.

Numb3rs, High Exposure. Start of the episode when the bad guy cuts a climber loose. Best guess is a Police or Military.