Knifeworks M4 PM2!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cujobob

Re: Knifeworks M4 PM2!

Post by Cujobob »

This is really poor timing but I think they'll sell out super fast.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

These won't go quite as fast as the BHQ just did but I still think that they will sell out rather fast. I am on the KW email list for this one but won't be buying. I just signed up for the email to hedge my bets in case I missed the BHQ version. I am just not a CF guy and would rather not pay the upcharge for it when it is just the steel I am after. This one will be fun to watch and I hope everybody who wants one will be able to get one and I really hope that anybody who missed out on the BHQ model is able to get this one instead. :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I'm still undecided on this one, I grabbed 2 of the BHQ M4's and still haven't gotten around to using one yet, I think I'm getting over saturated on PM2's. Also the mad dash starts at 0500 AK time and I will be in Wrangell for a job so not even sure I will have internet connection.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

rodloos wrote:
ABX2011 wrote:That's generous of them to limit one per person. I don't think they'll sell out super quickly on the heels of the BHQ Para and at a much higher price.
As many complaints as I saw about the Jade G10 on the BHQ exclusive where folks feel it shows dirt easily, I think this will be a more popular option. (I did get 2 of the Jade G10 Para2's myself, I liked the color, but I like CF even more.)

It's going to be a tough week on my wallet, the KW exclusive on Tuesday and the next Mule Team (Maxamet) on Thursday. I hope the blurple S110V Military doesn't become available the same week!
The S110V military is dropping right now. Warriors and Wonders is expecting theirs on or around Aug 4th.

The CF M4 PM2 dropping right now so soon after the BladeHQ version is really bad timing! It is the equivalent of your best buddy coming into town for beers the night after a giant party. I'm just not ready!

It also doesn't help that I'm about to buy the Nirvana. Looks like I'm selling some more knives!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

I'm on the fence on this one too. I am on the email list but now that I have my BHQ M4 PM2 I don't know if I want to spend the extra $$ on the CF handle. The BHQ version spoiled me with such a great price too! The KW PM2 is a nice piece for the collection but I'm just not sure if it's worth the $$ to me to have 2 different M4 PM2s at this point... then there's that little voice in my head saying..."it's a NEW bada$$ PM2!! Don't miss the opportunity!!" :confused: I'll decide at release time is suppose.. :confused:
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
timlara

Post by timlara »

Liquid Cobra wrote: The CF M4 PM2 dropping right now so soon after the BladeHQ version is really bad timing! It is the equivalent of your best buddy coming into town for beers the night after a giant party. I'm just not ready!
Ha!! Perfect analogy!! :D

Sadly, I'm out on the KnifeWorks PM2 now as well...the price isn't bad for full CF + M4, but it ain't cheap and since I was lucky enough to get the BHQ version (which I could honestly barely justify also), this one is just too darn soon. I never thought I'd utter those words about a Spyderco product....

Guess I'm going to have to get my CF + compression lock fix with the Sage 5 later this year.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

What is the price? I cant see it on the website. I thought it used to say $230.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

$219.95
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I'm on their mailing list but someone else can have mine. Even though two of my most favorite knives are Golden made peel ply CF -- the S90V Manix2 XL and the 52100 Millie -- I'm not totally crazy about the material and feel that I have enough examples of it. I feel very lucky to have one of the BHQ M4 natural G10 PM2's -- the little sucker has just about turned me into a PM2 fan :D and I'm gonna try my best to get its big brother natural G10 Millie when it drops... maybe I'll have more $$ then. I don't have an M4 Millie and I'm really liking how easy it is to touch up the PM2 back to razor sharp... And you guys worried about these dropping the same time as the purple Millie -- just be patient -- it's regular production and you can pick it up later ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

DougC-3 wrote:I'm on their mailing list but someone else can have mine. Even though two of my most favorite knives are Golden made peel ply CF -- the S90V Manix2 XL and the 52100 Millie -- I'm not totally crazy about the material and feel that I have enough examples of it. I feel very lucky to have one of the BHQ M4 natural G10 PM2's -- the little sucker has just about turned me into a PM2 fan :D and I'm gonna try my best to get its big brother natural G10 Millie when it drops... maybe I'll have more $$ then. I don't have an M4 Millie and I'm really liking how easy it is to touch up the PM2 back to razor sharp... And you guys worried about these dropping the same time as the purple Millie -- just be patient -- it's regular production and you can pick it up later ;)
Not related to the thread, but Doug, what is your avatar exactly? I always forget to ask you.

And you should probably get this knife. Its gonna be amazing! :D

@liquid_cobra
Trevitrace

Post by Trevitrace »

It's a spider.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:I'm on their mailing list but someone else can have mine. Even though two of my most favorite knives are Golden made peel ply CF -- the S90V Manix2 XL and the 52100 Millie -- I'm not totally crazy about the material and feel that I have enough examples of it. I feel very lucky to have one of the BHQ M4 natural G10 PM2's -- the little sucker has just about turned me into a PM2 fan :D and I'm gonna try my best to get its big brother natural G10 Millie when it drops... maybe I'll have more $$ then. I don't have an M4 Millie and I'm really liking how easy it is to touch up the PM2 back to razor sharp... And you guys worried about these dropping the same time as the purple Millie -- just be patient -- it's regular production and you can pick it up later ;)
Not related to the thread, but Doug, what is your avatar exactly? I always forget to ask you.

And you should probably get this knife. Its gonna be amazing! :D
Trevitrace wrote:It's a spider.
Right, it's in the orbweaver family and is sometimes called the spiny-backed or crab orbweaver or smiley face spider (Gasteracantha cancriformis :eek: :rolleyes: ). They're pretty common in the southeast US around the gulf. Sorry about the crummy grabshot. It's head is toward the bottom and has a drop rain on it. I keep meaning to get a better shot :D

Maybe I should go after this CF PM2... Just not enough funds around, especially since I just had to take my old Buick out back and shoot it and buy a replacement.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Will these carbon fiber PM2s be lighter than the standard G10 versions? If so, how much?
timlara

Post by timlara »

Wright.88 wrote:Will these carbon fiber PM2s be lighter than the standard G10 versions? If so, how much?
My CF Yo2 weighs 111 grams, my G10 one weighs 116. So there is some difference, but it's not really noticeable in a practical sense to me. I can barely tell the difference in hand and definitely not in pocket.

The CF is mostly for the aesthetics / cool factor in my opinion. (Nothing wrong with that!)
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

This carbon fiber makes your pocket lighter by approx. one 5 spot.
Going back to Caly.
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

timlara wrote:
My CF Yo2 weighs 111 grams, my G10 one weighs 116. So there is some difference, but it's not really noticeable in a practical sense to me. I can barely tell the difference in hand and definitely not in pocket.

The CF is mostly for the aesthetics / cool factor in my opinion. (Nothing wrong with that!)

That's about what I figured, just wanted clarification. Thanks!
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

$220. Ouch. Was really hoping under $200. I know in months to come people will wish they had bought it but boy these sprints and exclusives are just coming to close together. Ugh. Not sure I can swing this right now.
timlara

Post by timlara »

Also, I would like to give a shout out to KW for (presumably) taking some cues from BHQ and giving a set date/time for when their orders will open. (At least, I don't remember them doing this on their last PM2 exclusive...although maybe they did and I just wasn't on the email list.)

Ideally, one suggestion for future exclusive buys, if the e-commerce systems would permit it, would be to have TWO order periods, one morning and one evening, to give a better chance to people who have to go in to work early on weekdays and can't be at their computer to place their order. If the inventory could be split into two batches, and the e-commerce system was inventory-aware, it seems like this could be automated to prevent the need to staff the order desk after hours. (Say, if the nightly orders started at 8pm or something like that.) Just a thought...
Fallen

Post by Fallen »

Considering the 204P Millie is on sale, not sure if I still want to get this one. How does M4 hold up against 204P other than being less corrosion resistant?
BTG

Post by BTG »

Cujobob wrote:This is really poor timing but I think they'll sell out super fast.

Yeah, I agree...bad timing...little more on the pricey side....but I'll get one...wanna talk bad timing ? I'll go with
KC's orange positron exclusive.....insert cricket sounds.....but seriously, I don't know when a good time for that
would have been....