GITD Manix 2 XL

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jalcon

GITD Manix 2 XL

Post by jalcon »

Anyone going to buy one of these? I don't know if I can post links or not to other forums....anyway EDCforum's forum knife this year...Can't order yet but starting on Sunday I think they'll start taking orders. 1000 available, should be plenty to go around.

Here's a crappy pic of it.

Anyone picking one up?

S30V steel....They will be $149.99 with free domestic shipping.

http://www.edcforums.com/threads/specia ... un.126642/" target="_blank
Last edited by jalcon on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liquid Cobra

Re: GITD Manix 2 XL

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to head over and have a read. Those glow in the dark?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Yessir. Similar to the other exclusives for that forum, the Manix, and the Native...

Not my pics, btw.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

On those forum knives, you can buy as many as you want as well.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Thanks for the heads up! I will have to try to scrape up enough funds to get one of these.

The Manix XL is one of my favorite large Spydies, and my GITD Native is super cool, so I can't wait for this combination!

For those with past experience buying EDCF exclusives, how does one go about that? Are they sold through EDCF, or through Spyderco?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Thanks for the heads up! I will have to try to scrape up enough funds to get one of these.

The Manix XL is one of my favorite large Spydies, and my GITD Native is super cool, so I can't wait for this combination!

For those with past experience buying EDCF exclusives, how does one go about that? Are they sold through EDCF, or through Spyderco?
They are sold through the forum, there is a thread going there right now, Jon will post when they are available for purchase from the forums store.

http://www.edcforums.com/threads/specia ... st-2175656" target="_blank
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Yeah I wasn't sure if I could link that thread or not ^^

I figured I could, but some forums are strange about that...
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

farnorthdan wrote:
GoldenSpydie wrote:Thanks for the heads up! I will have to try to scrape up enough funds to get one of these.

They are sold through the forum, there is a thread going there right now, Jon will post when they are available for purchase from the forums store.

http://www.edcforums.com/threads/specia ... st-2175656" target="_blank
Thanks! :)

Hopefully you don't have to be a member to use the store, because they aren't accepting new memberships right now... :(
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Can someone tell me what the scales are like? How do they feel? Texture?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Knutty

Post by Knutty »

Is it possible to buy just the scales? I don't need a whole new XL. And I thought I'd seen those scales sold standalone somewhere before...
"We have more metal parts fail than plastic parts. Modern plastics are tough. 'Feeling cheap' may be a false perception and one might need more education. We rarely get a FRN knife back with handle problems and we have millions of them out in daily use. " --Sal Glesser
swigert

Post by swigert »

Knutty wrote:Is it possible to buy just the scales? I don't need a whole new XL. And I thought I'd seen those scales sold standalone somewhere before...
Cuscadi dies gitd
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Thanks for the heads up! Wasn't even sure if I was a member of EDCforums but apparently am. I'll be paying attention come Sunday.

Another FYI on a forum spydie I've been waiting for, USN is getting a toxic green ladybug any day now.
swigert

Post by swigert »

What steel is used here? The regular s30v?
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

S30V blade steel.

$149.95 with free domestic shipping.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Thanks for the heads up on this, don't check EDCF as often as I should. Love the XL and don't want to miss out on any of its variants.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Gonna pass. I was really hoping it would be a GITD Lightweight.
Wanimator

Post by Wanimator »

Wow! Those are nice! I wish I could get one.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Apparently this GITD material is new/different from the last kind Spyderco used.

@liquid_cobra
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Apparently this GITD material is new/different from the last kind Spyderco used.
That is interesting. Do you have any more info on this?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

This is from EDC forums:

This one is a larger knife. It is the Manix2XL. This is a large knife. Yes I still use an ancient Razor.
manix2xl.jpeg

I was going to try and take a glow picture but the battery went down.

The old material was found to know be suitable for many knives. I am speculating that Spyderco wanted to see how difficult this material is to work with their manufacturing methods. I have chatted with them asking if it is suitable for a Para2 and Uk for the future. I don't think they know yet but it is going to be brought up in a meeting.

When they contacted me this knife was already well on it's way to being produced. They told me since I introduced them to glow material and if I want this run glow knives can be an EDCF exclusive. I don't know if I said more than they would want me to say.

This is guess work on my part but I think the reason they have been choosing the knives is they want to start with what they know can be done. We don't know who will this material works unsupported yet.

When my camera battery is charged up i will take some glow pictures next to the old material.

@liquid_cobra