What are ya drinkin????

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
RustyIron

Re: What are ya drinkin????

Post by RustyIron »

prndltech wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:06 pm
It’s the only kind I make.
I'm not a one-bourbon sort of guy, but Elijah Craig Small Batch is high on my list. Not only is it very nice, but it's a steal at Costco.
👍
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Elijah Craig is great! 👇
JSumm wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:42 pm
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Roefisher

Post by Roefisher »

Heineken (although I have a notion in my head that these cans aren't nearly as tasty as the bottles) but then I've got some Belgian beers to really enjoy afterwards.

The New Year will be a new start for me so I'm going to enjoy these beers over the next couple of days.

... That's me done.

Mark
“You just made me have a bowel movement in my britches, Garrett. I ain't gonna never forgive you for this.”
kennbr34

Post by kennbr34 »

I LOVE Wild Turkey. Bonus points if you get my choice of knife to pose with this.

I have been wanting to try their 101 rye for years but could never find it. Finally found it this winter, and it was worth the wait.

I actually have been trying to cut back on drinking though. It got really out of hand for me. I went from basically being drunk every night, to cold-turkey for 4 months, and then on the weekends only. That was harder than just not drinking, so I decided to only drink on holidays. And by holidays I mean the big ones in the winter. So anyway, decided since I was going to go back on the wagon after new years, I'd do it up right with some Rare Breed and Rye.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I just can't drink fellas - I never did like the taste..
And I'm tipsy after a beer 😆 (Super cheap date)
I've got a bottle of Johnny Walker Black & Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey - both bought around 2018 I think - maybe earlier & this is what I have left of each - and bear in mind that some of both went to friends to taste- & the wife is a tee totaller
I've nothing against nor does she about drinking alcohol- We both just hate the taste of it. I just bought those 2 5th's because I thought it would be cool to have for special occasions with friends or what not.
Lol, I can't even remember to offer anyone a drink. I keep forgetting we even have it!
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

On ice, Ocean Spray cranberry juice cocktail, Malibu Rum and Captain Morgan.

Have a Happy New Year.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:57 am
I've got a bottle of Johnny Walker Black & Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey - both bought around 2018 I think - maybe earlier & this is what I have left of each - and bear in mind that some of both went to friends to taste- & the wife is a tee totaller
I've nothing against nor does she about drinking alcohol- We both just hate the taste of it. I just bought those 2 5th's because I thought it would be cool to have for special occasions with friends or what not.
Lol, I can't even remember to offer anyone a drink. I keep forgetting we even have it!
I figure that anything beyond water and mother's milk is 100% it is an acquired taste. Even water can be off tasting!

I started drinking beer and hard liquor too young(15), I was a beer can collector and Canadian Club whiskey guy. The whiskey was available at home in the liquor cabinet, a very bad move on my part.

I hardly ever drink anymore and when I do most of the time I drink something special or something fruity with orange juice or cranberry juice in it to help slug it down. Try Malibu Rum, orange juice and cranberry juice....and you will like it, but don't say I did not warn you.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Naperville wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:01 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:57 am
I figure that anything beyond water and mother's milk is 100% it is an acquired taste. Even water can be off tasting!

I started drinking beer and hard liquor too young(15), I was a beer can collector and Canadian Club whiskey guy. The whiskey was available at home in the liquor cabinet, a very bad move on my part.

I hardly ever drink anymore and when I do most of the time I drink something special or something fruity with orange juice or cranberry juice in it to help slug it down. Try Malibu Rum, orange juice and cranberry juice....and you will like it, but don't say I did not warn you.
That sounds good! Thanks! 😎
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Not looking forward to the freezing weather down here Sunday-Wednesday. Heat pump can’t keep up in prolonged cold weather. It’s Friday. Time to relax.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Love Four Roses. Their Single Barrel is one of my favorite Bourbons.

Larceny. Cheapy but a goody
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

prndltech wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:29 pm

Not looking forward to the freezing weather down here Sunday-Wednesday. Heat pump can’t keep up in prolonged cold weather. It’s Friday. Time to relax.
I have same bottle and knife
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

kennbr34 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:34 am

I LOVE Wild Turkey. Bonus points if you get my choice of knife to pose with this.

I have been wanting to try their 101 rye for years but could never find it. Finally found it this winter, and it was worth the wait.

I actually have been trying to cut back on drinking though. It got really out of hand for me. I went from basically being drunk every night, to cold-turkey for 4 months, and then on the weekends only. That was harder than just not drinking, so I decided to only drink on holidays. And by holidays I mean the big ones in the winter. So anyway, decided since I was going to go back on the wagon after new years, I'd do it up right with some Rare Breed and Rye.
Everything Russells makes is tier 1. I think 101 has such a redneck stigma around AL of the bourbon you drink to get blotto and that’s such a mistake. The #7 char in the aging barrels is so unique to 101 and imparts a sweetness and baking spices that belies the 4 years or so it is aged to seem much smoother. I go neat with a splash of water (anything over 95 proof to spare my esophagus) and it is as pleasant a bourbon as can be found for the price. Once you are over $50 a bottle Old Forester pulls away from the pack
kennbr34

Post by kennbr34 »

twinboysdad wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:38 am
kennbr34 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:34 am

Everything Russells makes is tier 1. I think 101 has such a redneck stigma around AL of the bourbon you drink to get blotto and that’s such a mistake. The #7 char in the aging barrels is so unique to 101 and imparts a sweetness and baking spices that belies the 4 years or so it is aged to seem much smoother. I go neat with a splash of water (anything over 95 proof to spare my esophagus) and it is as pleasant a bourbon as can be found for the price. Once you are over $50 a bottle Old Forester pulls away from the pack
I've not tried much Old Forester. I've had their regular 80 proof, and I think I had the bottled in bond, or at least it was 100 proof. Other varieties I've seen have been a little too spendy, especially here on WA with our crazy taxes.

I also love 101 but that rye in 101 is so much different. You'd think it would be hotter, but it's actually a fair bit smoother. I think they age it longer than the usual 101.

I enjoy finding cheap/value bourbon, and so far it's been hard to beat Evan Williams Bonded and pretty much any Wild Turkey. I'll also say that Jim Beam "Devil's Cut" really surprised me! I also tried their double packed this weekend, but that one was pretty disappointing--it's way too hot for 86 proof, and with not much flavor to justify it.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

kennbr34 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:16 am
I enjoy finding cheap/value bourbon, and so far it's been hard to beat Evan Williams Bonded and pretty much any Wild Turkey.
Like the search for the perfect EDC folding knife, I too am always in search for the best budget whiskey. Buffalo Trace was always my go to until it became so popular you can't easily get it. Thanks for the recommendation!!
I like it!
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
kennbr34

Post by kennbr34 »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:35 pm
kennbr34 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:16 am
I enjoy finding cheap/value bourbon, and so far it's been hard to beat Evan Williams Bonded and pretty much any Wild Turkey.
Like the search for the perfect EDC folding knife, I too am always in search for the best budget whiskey. Buffalo Trace was always my go to until it became so popular you can't easily get it. Thanks for the recommendation!!
I like it!
Nice. Yeah, it's surprisingly good. When I first heard of it thought, "Yeah, I guess the black label isn't terrible, it's worth a shot," but it blew me away. I try not to hype it too much when I recommend it so people go in with low expectations.

But yes, enjoy it while it's cheap. People are catching on lol
Roefisher

Post by Roefisher »

It's wonderful the way folk in the UK are being treated with beer. For a country with many massive Macro breweries we seem to be the best in the world at making absolute garbage, watered-down, beer.

It's obviously not a lack of skill, it's greed.

So I've completely finished off with all UK brewed big beers and I'll stick to continental (usually German, Belgian and Polish) beers from now on. The UK will still make some good craft brewery IPA's, Pale Ales and stouts I'm sure but, aside from that, I'm done. It's a real pity beer drinkers won't vote with their wallets and stop this rut - between a lower ABV and the fact it's awful anyway, how on Earth do they keep selling this stuff?

Mark
“You just made me have a bowel movement in my britches, Garrett. I ain't gonna never forgive you for this.”
chronovore

Post by chronovore »

Yes, I still have my fake tree up. The kids are all about it. Something about living in the frozen north.

JSumm

Post by JSumm »

- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Mat_ski

Post by Mat_ski »

Most often it’s homemade wine. Here is some ready for drinking: meads and fruit wines.
Attachments
IMG_2024-02-19-100250.jpeg
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Somebody mention Four Roses Single Barrel? Anyone who says booze and knives don’t go together never made an old fashioned. Image