Spyderco Kitchen Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JohnAPA

Spyderco Kitchen Knife

Post by JohnAPA »

I bought a K04PBK 6 1/2" kitchen knife and it is the ****. Problem is, I don't want to put in the drawer. It is sharp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't believe in knife blocks made for home intruders to sample (I have seen this happen myself) and am wondering if anyone can rec a maker of a generic type sheath for this critter??????
gijoe945

Re: Spyderco Kitchen Knife

Post by gijoe945 »

R.H. Forschner makes different sizes, and inexpensive,
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi JohnAPA!

Actually, I don't even like the idea of a sheath for a kitchen knife.

Have you looked at those magnetic holders that you can fix to the wall?
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

I second the magnetic holder. That's what I did with mine. Don't you want to show it off? Btw, burglars know there's probably a knife somewhere in the kitchen... :p
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

I am thinking about picking some of these up.

Anyone know of some good reviews on them or have some personal experience they would ike to share?
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

Got the black PE and blue SE great kitchen knives I am the only one allowed to use them while cooking, cutting its a breeze, have used them a couple of times and no sharpening needed, yet.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:I am thinking about picking some of these up.

Anyone know of some good reviews on them or have some personal experience they would ike to share?
The new K04's are excellent knives. I've been using one of the PE ones that was shortened and "santoku-ized" for me by araneae, quite a bit lately.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
michael clark

Post by michael clark »

I've Got black PE at home.. I really love to this this knives.. I recommend this knives to some of my friends..
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

A burglar can open a drawer and there are knives in every kitchen so I do not follow that school of thought. Plus I am a dog owner so the .357 will be out before they have a chance to get in. She is on point and makes a great burglar alarm.

I have a wall mounted magnetic holder. I like the ones that have wood on the front and magnets in the back to protect the knife. The metal on metal ones worry me.

http://www.amazon.com/Better-Houseware- ... ife+holder" target="_blank

http://www.amazon.com/Cherry-M-O-C-Boar ... ife+holder" target="_blank

Sorry if that is not what you are looking for. I am sure there are options for sheaths as many chefs have knives that they take with them places. Personal chefs who go to people's homes to cook or cater.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
762cal

Post by 762cal »

I have one black in SE. I have used it in kitchen, it works great, the edge keeps up great. i have taken it fishing too; and it performs great slicing baits and preparing fishes. the handle shape makes it stay grippy when my hand is full of fish' guts or slime.

i have a plan to shorten the blade and makes it a sheath, for my next fishing trip... I already have a pacific salt SE but i like to use fixed blades more for fishing, easier to clean :) araneae mods looks great.

oh forgot to add: it is pretty rust resistant. I was fishing all day, while fishing I washed it with salt water many times (to wash out fish' remains on my blade), and later when I get home at night I cleaned it with soap and warm water and it was spotless.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Michael, 762cal,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for the kind words and support.

sal
Cliff Stamp

Post by Cliff Stamp »

Anyone who does Kydex work would easily be able to do this, I have a couple of them for some very nice custom chef's knives.