No more messing around...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: No more messing around...

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I thought I would see more delica, endura and pacific salts mentioned. I'm at first inclined to say my 204p para2 but I jog a lot and wear gym shorts a lot. I jog with a delica most of the time. If I can only have one knife I need to be able to carry it anywhere and everywhere so my final vote for my only EDC is a ZDP Delica. It can do anything I need an EDC to do and I can carry it almost everywhere.

I always carry a SAK or a Leatherman so if I am still able to carry one of those then my vote might go for a Salt1 serrated to go with my multitool.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Your game, your rules: M4 Manix2 (haven't really had enough time with Cruwear to choose it over M4, but I'm liking it more and more).
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
whiteoak

Post by whiteoak »

For me the Stretch has the best blade shape for the things I do. I have been EDC'ing a ZDP-189 for a while now and really could not be happier... Well that not true I wish it were more rust resistant but I can live with that for the edge that seems to dull to a "just does shave hair - sharp" but stays at that level forever. If I end up chipping the steel I may change my mind but so far its the best EDC I have ever owned.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Lol you're a horrible person. How dare you make me do this....with that being said, I'd have to say my combo edge G10 manix 2, 154cm. I know it's not a lot of people's favorite variation but it's got the teeth if you need them and a nice beefy blade and of course my favorite lock design. Hopefully when I get some funds I can pick up the newer model that's S30V ffg combo edge. :D
bornagainprimative

Post by bornagainprimative »

My para 2
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

For my uses, the PM2 would be too big to carry all the time and I can get a fixed blade in the same range. The Chaparral, which is a good knife, is too light for many tasks.
The Delica 4 could do most of what I want with a knife. However, my choice would have to be the Caly3. It has a well designed 3 inch blade suitable for a wide variety of tasks, a strong lock, and a huge pivot pin. It is a strong enough knife and it looks good with a suit or hiking/fishing pants. Caly3 all the way.

(now, if that just came in a Compression Lock...)
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Honestly? Probably a FFG Delica 4. Big enough to be useful, small enough to go into any outfit and disappear until needed. Not sure if I'd go ZDP for the edgeholding or VG-10 for the corrosion resistance.