Does anyone know what size PB washers the Delica 4 has?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fred Sanford

Does anyone know what size PB washers the Delica 4 has?

Post by Fred Sanford »

I lost one cleaning my dad's D4. I have one left but I have no idea what size it is. I was going to try to order a pack of 10 or so from one of the knife maker sites but I am not sure what to order. If I had to guess I would bet it is 1/4" in diameter but I don't know the thickness nor do I know the diameter of the hole in the middle.

Any ideas what size these are? If not, I'll just wing it and buy like 4 different sizes and see what works. :D
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Mjc1973

Post by Mjc1973 »

I would think the thickness is going to foil your plan. I would call the Spyderco outlet store. I bet they would take care of you.
bornagainprimative

Post by bornagainprimative »

Doesn't the repair kit come with them.
Own: C81GPBN2 x 2
Wanted: FB30GP, FB37GGRP, C180GP, C10FPBN x 2, C11FPBN & FB35PBK and a C204MF most of all!
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Probably best to email customer services and get the correct size :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

bornagainprimative wrote:Doesn't the repair kit come with them.
Yes but I hate to pay $16 for 1 pb washer. I already have bought the kit once but between 4 Delicas I've used the washers up.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

David Lowry wrote:Yes but I hate to pay $16 for 1 pb washer. I already have bought the kit once but between 4 Delicas I've used the washers up.
Seriously, you need a different plan for working on knives. I'd consider putting something like a white hand towel or a strip of white paper towels down on your work surface. Small parts won't bounce or roll, and are easily visible on the white background.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Outside diameter 0.316"
Inside diameter 0.161"
Thickness 0.0035"

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

JNewell wrote:Seriously, you need a different plan for working on knives. I'd consider putting something like a white hand towel or a strip of white paper towels down on your work surface. Small parts won't bounce or roll, and are easily visible on the white background.
I didn't say I lost them all. Some were just gross or bent so I throw them out. I did lose the last one but it was while I was trying to pick it up off of the towel and it just flew out of my hand and across the table.

My dad is a plumber and is hard on his knives. The washers are soooo thin that I've taken them out of a brand new Delica and they have had a small crease in them. So since I had a kit laying around I've replaced the washers in his knife. My dad has 2 Delica 4's and 1 BM 943. So between 2 knives I have replaced the washers once. :)

I called SFO and they want $21 for a D4 parts kit which is way higher than when I bought it. It used to be about $14. I'm not spending $21 to get a washer so I'll have to find one online if I can.

The pivot on the D4 is also so small that it doesn't seem to be a regular size like you can get at Knife Kits or USA Knifemaker or Texas Knife Supply. I can't find the right size washer at any of those sites so now I'm just searching supply sites like McMaster-Carr etc.

If anyone wants to send me a washer for a D4 or a set that will fit a D4 I would greatly appreciate it.
Michael Janich wrote:Outside diameter 0.316"
Inside diameter 0.161"
Thickness 0.0035"

Stay safe,

Mike
Thanks Mike. Much appreciated. That will be super helpful while looking for aftermarket alternatives.