Who to see for kydex sheaths for folders? (Specifically neck)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
AliasNeo07

Who to see for kydex sheaths for folders? (Specifically neck)

Post by AliasNeo07 »

Hello all. Looking for places/people who make sheaths for Delicas and/or Enduras, maybe even Byrds. I'd like to find one for neck carry. Just easier than keeping a folder in my pocket for me.

I did a forum search before bothering to start a new thread but all the information seemed to be at least a year old if not much older.

Who are the people to talk to/companies to deal with? I'd like to not spend almost as much as the Delica itself. I've seen a bunch on Ebay for around $25 but I don't know if they are solid and I figured I'd ask you guys first.

So who should I talk to?

Thanks a lot everyone!

PS: As a secondary question, how hard is it to get into making Kydex sheaths yourself?
CrazyKorean13

Post by CrazyKorean13 »

Linos Sheaths makes them for paramilitary 2 & smallfly but I have never seen them for Delicas, Enduras, or Byrdies. I think it is pretty easy to make the sheaths but need a furnace and lots of kydex.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Mike Sastre at River City Sheaths has a good reputation. He also sells an instructional DVD for making your own kydex sheaths.

BladeHQ carries the Linos kydex sheath in stock for ParaMilitary 2 (you have to remove the clip from the knife) for about $14.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Sheathpro makes OEM sheaths for Spyderco and will do custom work as well. It is Boltaron that they work with though - I don't know if they work with Kydex. For contact info, Google is your friend.
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
AliasNeo07

Post by AliasNeo07 »

Thanks for the replies everyone. Anyone have any experience with this seller? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Custom-Ky ... 35d2270336

Or is there anyone on this forum that makes them?
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

I see them all the time on knife shop websites
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I'd love a Manbug one.
- best wishes, Jazz.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Eric on BladeForums (Shepard Custom Concealment in the Custom Work section) does superb scale and kydex work.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

That is really nice! ......and as usual, such pretty pictures! :)

Is that the last generation Swick 3 hidden away in there?
Officer Gigglez

3rdGenRigger wrote:Eric on BladeForums (Shepard Custom Concealment in the Custom Work section) does superb scale and kydex work.

If you ever get your knife back. Eric is a good guy, but **** does he take his sweet time getting it done. Sure it will be quality, but he needs to find a balance between time and quality. 8 months and counting is ridiculous.
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Resilience
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I saw a speed holster for the Military one time that was really cool. It was a horizontal belt rig and it opened the knife somehow as you pulled it out.
calemerson

Post by calemerson »

I have had some exp with the ebay seller, mostly on one of the knife forums. I would buy from him anytime. Good stuff and a good guy.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

ManixFan wrote:That is really nice! ......and as usual, such pretty pictures! :)

Is that the last generation Swick 3 hidden away in there?
It sure is...and acid washed nice and dark too. I'll throw in a contrasting shot with my Schempp Tuff.
Officer Gigglez wrote:If you ever get your knife back. Eric is a good guy, but **** does he take his sweet time getting it done. Sure it will be quality, but he needs to find a balance between time and quality. 8 months and counting is ridiculous.
He had some personal life issues pop up on top of moving and got delayed. I didn't have to wait 8 months fortunately, but I think he's got a lower waiting time now. You'd have to ask him though, but the work he does is absolutely exceptional and worth waiting at least a couple months for. If he has a knife you want work done on, you won't have to send him one of yours (He's doing a set of BattleStation and Lava scales for me currently and has one of each so I didn't need to send him mine).

---> Branden
Officer Gigglez

3rdGenRigger wrote:It sure is...and acid washed nice and dark too. I'll throw in a contrasting shot with my Schempp Tuff.

He had some personal life issues pop up on top of moving and got delayed. I didn't have to wait 8 months fortunately, but I think he's got a lower waiting time now. You'd have to ask him though, but the work he does is absolutely exceptional and worth waiting at least a couple months for. If he has a knife you want work done on, you won't have to send him one of yours (He's doing a set of BattleStation and Lava scales for me currently and has one of each so I didn't need to send him mine).

He has had my Karahawk since December last year. I've been in contact with him, but the speed in which he is getting my knife scales done has been very, very slow. I'm beginning to think I won't see my **** knife until December this year.
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Resilience
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Very nice indeed! How do you like that Wharncliffe blade on the Swick? Do you have any leaf blade Swicks for comparison sake?

I only ask because it is still available from Spyderco and I am also waiting for the new leaf bladed Swick to come out which includes a pocket sheath. If I hear great things about the Wharncliffe version from someone who has both (so they are unbiased) then I may spring for one of those as well.

Also, what kind of acid bath did you use to darken your Swick and how long did you leave it exposed for?
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Eric did the acidwashing for me (He didn't have a Swick3 yet, but bought one after handling mine), and I don't have a leaf bladed Swick for comparison. I like it in a reverse grip with my pink in the finger hole if I'm cutting rope off a spool to make a bunch of rope slings because I can tape the rope where I make the cut (To stop the ends from fraying) and when spooling rope out because I can use my index finger, middle finger, and thumb and not need to repeatedly set the knife down and pick it up again. It also clips nicely to a climbing harness without taking up tool pouch space, but I'm in the middle of a career transition and have only climbed with it a couple of times.

---> Branden