Which Spyderco got you hooked?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
zippofanatic

Post by zippofanatic »

It all started with a tenacious..which led to a ladybug salt...which led to a cricket...which led to a sage 1...and a sage 3...then came a delica ffg...followed by a grasshopper and a dragonfly salt...then a pm2. Now I have a chaparral in the mail...the addiction will never be satisfied :)
AH2525

Post by AH2525 »

An old molded clip Delica CE in a blister pack at the base PX when I was a 13 year old kid. I knew nothing about knives but fell in love with Spyderco from that Delica.
redhawk44357

Post by redhawk44357 »

It was a Delica, with the molded clip. First one I ever bought many years ago and I still have it.
Blue Possum

Post by Blue Possum »

That would have to be the DYAD jr (sprint run)
Blue Possum
kaysa

Post by kaysa »

My first Spyderco is Chokwe.

I found out about Spyderco in a random post complaining about Victorinox is not as sharp out of the box like a Spyderco,
then it got me looking into what is a Spyderco, and I was thinking to find one to see for myself what is so special about a Spyderco,
and I found various videos in youtube and saw lots of reviews etc..

At first I think all the leaf shape and ergonomic handles are really strange looking,
but all of the reviews are positive regarding the designs and the blade shapes,
but I am still hesitate to get one that is too "odd looking" so I picked Chokwe,
one that are least curvy both in handle and the blade.

And I m hooked since, as I try to get as many variety of designs, shapes, steels, and materials.
Now I ended up with 22 in my drawer, most of the for EDC rotation, and 2 pre order.
tradja

Post by tradja »

I wish I could remember. I do recall that I bought, tried, and sold a few Spydercos including at least two Delicas before becoming hooked, and gradually realizing that almost all of my user rotation of folders had become Spydercos.

It might have been the CF Caly 3. Looking back through old emails, it may have even been the Sharpmaker. I do recall EDCing an AUS-6 Ladybug ( the pointy one!) for several months at an IT job and growing to appreciate how much it could do. That may have been it.
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

A PE Atlantic Salt with yellow handles was the one that got me hooked back in '05. I used it as my work horse for years, but it doesn't get much carry anymore.

I'm thinking about "wharnifying" it this weekend though...