Which Spyderco got you hooked?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

The CF Caly 3 in ZDP. Still my personal favorite knife, though I think I carry my Southard more.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

MILITARY Purchased in the early / mid 1990's Firs Version CPM 440V 2 screw clip. 20 Years later..........25 MILITARY Models in stock.

[img][IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/ ... c69682.jpg[/img][/IMG]
DJ

Post by DJ »

The Military for me too ..............
Steel Snob M-4
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

A Q my brother sent me.

[ATTACH]23632[/ATTACH]

Q Pictured was actually #069 from Jur :) (early version with no spyderco in the handle)
Attachments
brothersC35SBK.jpg
Be Excellent to each other.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I discovered Spyderco after a buddy picked up an Endura back in '97 and I was intrigued with the round hole opener. I immediately looked into their other offerings and ordered a Q. As soon as I received it, I was hooked.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Delica was my gateway Spyderco folder, specifically a saber ground ZDP Delica 4 in BRG FRN. The Delica is still one of my favorite Spydercos.
haarspalter

Post by haarspalter »

well.......
i had the resilience first, didnt like it at all - no finger choil, too big ... ended up with an Endura and had very big troubles with sharpening the VG-10! but i still got hooked on spydercos.... then came a military, delica a.s.o.
my first paramilitary was the cts.20p and from then on - i was hooked on supersteels....
my favorite steel so far - m4 and cruwear!
:spyder: Mule k390-S110v-Cruwear, Gayle Bradley, Cruwear Military Collectors #13V, CPM-M4-Ti Military CF Scales, Para2 20cp
ourgon

Post by ourgon »

Starmate Terzuola made in Golden. It could be my only one edc folder.

:spyder: Street Bowie
:spyder: Street Beat
:spyder: Paramilitary 2
:spyder: Starmate 440V
:spyder: Police SS
:spyder: Endura IV FG
:spyder: ClipiTool
Jezter46

Post by Jezter46 »

I got hooked by the Walker Lightweight. I didn't like the pocket clip at the time though and that went, sawn off as it was an integral moulded clip. I've come to appreciate them since. Loved the opening hole though and the overall quality of the knife. Now I have 200 Spyderco and counting :D

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h38 ... 6ab44f.jpg
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

I had the Harpy for the better part of a decade, but the one that got me hooked was the Super Blue Caly 3.5.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Purchased circa 2004

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

The Delica in ZDP, simply amazing!
josemfuente

Post by josemfuente »

DLC SE Native!
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Unlike many people, the looks of many models are what first drew my eye to Spyderco. In particular, the first generation Delica and Endura are what first caught my eye. However, those aren't the knives that hooked me on Spyderco as a company. That honor is reserved for the Snap-it and first gen. Remote Release. The innovation behind those knives just clicked with me. I've been hooked ever since.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
Barkdog

Post by Barkdog »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:For me it was the Endura. The beautiful design, the functionality, and the overall structure and carry-ableness was it. I have to say, my favorite of all time now is the Caspian Salt, but, the Endura was the one that hooked me.
Me too, the Endura! I was already in to collecting knives but had resisted Spyderco for aesthetic reasons... eventually, though, I got a brown FRN / FFG Endura after sooo many glowing reviews... and flipped for the performance. I understand VG-10 may not be 'high end' to some, but I love it - and the way the FFG blade slices like a razor.

Since then, I moved on to a Delica, PM2, Manix 2XL, and a couple Dragonflys. Love 'em all.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Just knives with thumb ramps in general did me in. I have a native and a sage and other knives without thumb ramps but when I discovered spyderco it was the feel of control I had with my thumb on that ramp that hooked me. The model I first experienced it with was the Delica. Later on I got a Para2 and that is what really put me over the edge and I have given up on almost all other folders except my Leeks.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Smurf blue Sage3 (after a Tenacious I paid forward). Got a digicam PM2 at the same time, but it didn't do anything for me then. Now I'm much more likely to carry a PM2 (as on my recent vacation on the Colorado Plateau) than any in the Sage series.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Ned

Post by Ned »

Manix 2 LW Blue version, my first Spyderco...I'll probably have 30 by the end of the year! :D
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Blackhawk30

Post by Blackhawk30 »

I got a Snap-It back in '93.I had to have a 2 inch blade for work.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I was doing some knife trading with a good friend of mine - we each had our small collections laid out - and he had a stainless steel Delica. I got to play with it for awhile but he wouldn't part with it. It didn't take me long to get my own (FRN, ZDP-189 version) and I was off and running from there.