Nice Spyderco Story that recently happened

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderEdgeForever

Nice Spyderco Story that recently happened

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I had a large 93 mm Rescue with VG-10 blade, and a friend of mine lost a good knife he had..so I decided to give him this as a gift. He loves it, the VG-10 Steel has a good balance of sharpness and stain-resistance, and he likes the design.

Anyhow, he told me how recently he was in a public place and noticed a homeless woman, he asked her if she was hungry because he had some good quality bread with him and sandwich stuff, and she said she would like a sandwich.

He pops open the Rescue and at first he said her eyes became like "saucers", presumably she was afraid because in urban areas its not common to see someone pop open a knife like that (even though the tip was Sheepsfoot). Anyway, he calmed her, and made some sandwiches.
He told me the bread was soft with a hard crust..and the Rescue blade went through it as if the bread wasn't even there. That is some SHARP steel. He also likes that the Sheepsfoot point can be used to make sandwiches with peanut butter and also creamcheese easier than a pointed blade.

Anyhow, thank you Sal and folks at Spyderco for making this experience possible, and please keep up the great work turning out the best quality knives.

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Kudos to your friend and to you also for getting him there!! NICE story!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Holland

Post by Holland »

Nice story to read! You have a good friend
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Nice.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

Thanks for the story, way better than reflecting on what to do if zombies rise or how to battle with a pocket knife!!!

In fact I love to use a rescue blade for bread cutting as it glides through all kinds of crust and core plus spreading butter/... with the spine is just as easy.